Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile indicates Ivy Bridge, not Sandy Bridge.
Please resolve the apparent mistake by fixing your profile.
I fix it, but i wonder how it helps you

Last edited:
add info to profile. Don't now clover UEFI or legacy, when install always choose "Install Clover on ESP". UEFI mode in bios is on.

UPD: still don't now how this info can help.

This guide uses Clover UEFI.

Here is debug result what i've get when loading on clean config. When using a config from git-repo mentioned in guide - getting error (small screen, can't see all of error in -v mode, what can get - were attached). Thank you for any help.

UPD: OS - 10.12.6, Clover - 4522. kext and DSDT.aml - from guide on forum for HP. HP 4330s, 8gb ram, i3-2370M

Your config.plist is not correct.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

As i was saying - i'm getting an error on config 4x30.plist from your repo in guide. Ok, i'll try to change the clover install (i know where read how). As have an result - will write

Suggest you work on getting each port to work properly independently first.
6560b is completely different graphics... (HD3000).

Indeed. The DisplayPort on the laptop itself works properly (however it gets turned off when putting my laptop on a docking station). All docking station ports work fine as far as I've tested. The only issue I have is that the displays are mirrored when using the DisplayPorts (even with laptop screen turned off). If I have only one of the DisplayPorts used, it works flawlessly as both standalone monitor & extended with my laptop screen.

I'm aware, it was more meant as a vouch for the guide that it worked amazingly there.

Thank's, i've found a problem - clover in legacy mode. When I have install it as UEFI - it works just fine. Thank you for help and ansvers. I'll be back in another topic) (i had an Toshiba Notebook too, and hack on it too need fixes). See you)

Indeed. The DisplayPort on the laptop itself works properly (however it gets turned off when putting my laptop on a docking station). All docking station ports work fine as far as I've tested. The only issue I have is that the displays are mirrored when using the DisplayPorts (even with laptop screen turned off). If I have only one of the DisplayPorts used, it works flawlessly as both standalone monitor & extended with my laptop screen.

I'm aware, it was more meant as a vouch for the guide that it worked amazingly there.

You might compare with results in Windows.

Audio stopped working after updating from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5. In System Preferences, no audio device is listed.

I did boot with -f and rebuilt kext cache using

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Rebuilding cache is giving me a ot of invalid signature warnings. Examole line:

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa609fb31f0 [0x7fffa4c52af0]> { URL = "VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" }

Any help appreciated.

Edit:
Audio via Bluetooth device is working.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 76
You might compare with results in Windows.

I just tested this with Windows 10 (1803 April Update) and all screens work (even the third). Colleagues that use this laptop also use all 3 monitors on Debian. Just run into the issue on macOS that it sees both DP displays as one (including when my laptop screen is turned off). The BIOS update to the latest version HP provided 1.18 didn't work any wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back