Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey., Thanks it works for my Elitebook 840 G1 Haswell; however, i can't get my audio jack working but sounds from internal speaker is working fine, so is the microphone. My Wifi doesn't work either but maybe my wifi card isn't supported and i don't know how to check my wifi card type. Can you plz help me how to solve it.

What happens in SysPrefs->Sound when you plug in a headset?

WiFi is covered in post #1... you should read it.

Hi.
A couple of days ago I updated from 10.12.6 to 10.13.3 with conversion to APFS and got some problems:
1. Now my laptop does not automatically connect to the wifi network (prior to the upgrade, all was good). I choose the network name every time, although the option "automatically connect" is selected. Is it possible to somehow fix it?

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi requires the "RC scripts". Maybe you forgot to install them.

2. Even before loading the Clover, text appears quickly, as with a verbose load. The text also appears for a second after selecting the boot volume. And I had 3 new volumes in the Clover, which for some reason did not disappear after the update. Can I somehow safely get rid of them?

Normal. It is from apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI.
As for the extra boot entries, you forgot to update config.plist (you should check that you have updated all github related files).

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi requires the "RC scripts". Maybe you forgot to install them.
I reinstalled the latest Clover (4411) and checked that RC scripts were installed. Did not help :(
As for the extra boot entries, you forgot to update config.plist (you should check that you have updated all github related files).
I did not touch config.plist file because I thought it had not changed since my last major update. I took a fresh config.plist file from the repo and fill the SMBIOS data. Still have 3 extra boot entries.
Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS Install from SSD

I took a fresh config.plist file from the repo and fill the SMBIOS data. Still have 3 extra boot entries.
Does this mean you did not copy config/config_4x30s.plist to EFI as config.plist? If so that is part of your problem.

Does this mean you did not copy config/config_4x30s.plist to EFI as config.plist?
No, this is it :) By fresh, I mean a new generated config_4x30s.plist from the repo

I reinstalled the latest Clover (4411) and checked that RC scripts were installed. Did not help :(

I did not touch config.plist file because I thought it had not changed since my last major update. I took a fresh config.plist file from the repo and fill the SMBIOS data. Still have 3 extra boot entries.
Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS Install from SSD

No, this is it :) By fresh, I mean a new generated config_4x30s.plist from the repo

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Rehabman, I have installed High Sierra on my Elitebook 8470p in which I have installed a BCM94352HMB Mini PCI-E card. The issue is that although WiFi works well no Bluetooth shows up. I am attaching the Problem Reporting Files requested in a ZIP. Have I missed something during the installation process?

Attachments

• problem report files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
Rehabman, I have installed High Sierra on my Elitebook 8470p in which I have installed a BCM94352HMB Mini PCI-E card. The issue is that although WiFi works well no Bluetooth shows up. I am attaching the Problem Reporting Files requested in a ZIP. Have I missed something during the installation process?

Maybe you forgot to disable "fast boot" in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back