Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hours of backing up, attempting restore Time Machine to JHFS+ partition (NOTE: Time Machine Restore automatically converts to APFS on SSD destination!), and finally re-install with script edit to avoid APFS conversion, I've concluded that the problem is NOT related to APFS. I actually had to block injection of BrcmPatchRAM2.kext just to get it to boot the USB Installer. It would infinitely loop on BrcmPatchRAM2 failure.

No idea what you mean by "injection of BrcmPatchRAM2.kext".
BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not recommended in the guide for EFI/Clover/kexts.
If you were to attempt use of BrcmPatchRAM kexts at pre-install, it requires a correct USB configuration (USBInjectAll.kext, and appropriate SSDT to configure it).

I am now booted from the SSD formatted as JHFS+ with exactly the same problem. System Information and IORegistry Explorer both report two instances of BCM20702A0 on the same port and no Bluetooth. The first of the two entries does show driver data as it did in the uploaded reports.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan,
is it possible to get a DSDT Patch for the battery that i can use for a DSDT (ProBook 450 G4)
I know here is the hotpatching guide for this laptop that i use.

Thanks.

Full ACPI hotpatch is already provided when you follow the instructions in post #1.

No idea what you mean by "injection of BrcmPatchRAM2.kext".
BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not recommended in the guide for EFI/Clover/kexts.
If you were to attempt use of BrcmPatchRAM kexts at pre-install, it requires a correct USB configuration (USBInjectAll.kext, and appropriate SSDT to configure it).

I meant that I had to block BcrmPatchRAM kexts by pressing space at Clover to get it to boot USB. They weren't necessary to run Installer anyway...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

The same "Problem Reporting" file apply that I posted previously. Nothing has changed other than the OS is now installed on JHFS+ rather than APFS. Since my post last night, I did open up the computer to remove and re-install the WiFi card. It has booted properly three time since. Perhaps that was my whole problem...

LasVegas

I meant that I had to block BcrmPatchRAM kexts by pressing space at Clover to get it to boot USB. They weren't necessary to run Installer anyway...

As I already mentioned BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not recommended for EFI/Clover in the first place.

The same "Problem Reporting" file apply that I posted previously. Nothing has changed other than the OS is now installed on JHFS+ rather than APFS. Since my post last night, I did open up the computer to remove and re-install the WiFi card. It has booted properly three time since. Perhaps that was my whole problem...

Any change requires new problem reporting data.
No exceptions.

Please look at the top of this thread page. I mentioned that I figured out, that Clover Version v2.4k r4368 was the problem.

You had other problems besides that.

Also note that my guide recommends my build of Clover.

The ioreg you attached does not show any results of port discovery.
Or your dock has no USB3 ports? Or you neglected to test with USB3 devices? (for you to verify if that is the case)

As per post #1, you must run IORegistryExplorer, then keep it running while you test all ports, then come back and save the ioreg.

See guide for complete description:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Retried with both a USB3 and USB2 device. I've tried to follow that post and got nowhere- USB ports on the dock would work, but internal USB docks on the laptop and devices won't which is the same result when using USB inject all, so clearly I'm not doing that right. Any hints you can give me from the attached ioreg?

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    828.7 KB · Views: 62
Retried with both a USB3 and USB2 device. I've tried to follow that post and got nowhere- USB ports on the dock would work, but internal USB docks on the laptop and devices won't which is the same result when using USB inject all, so clearly I'm not doing that right. Any hints you can give me from the attached ioreg?

What is an 'internal USB dock"?
Your ioreg shows you did not follow the guide (if your ACPI configuration was correct, BAT0 and BAT1 would be combined to BATC).
You should not be creating your own USB SSDT.
This guide integrates SSDT-UIAC.aml content into the model specific SSDT. If you provide an SSDT with UIAC in it (as you have), you will break the entire model specific SSDT.

Restore your ACPI setup to original with install_acpi.sh as per post #1.
Then make sure you're using -uia_ignore_rmcf (it causes USBInjectAll.kext to ignore the custom config in your model specific SSDT).
Make sure USBInjectAll.kext is still installed (install_downloads.sh installs it). In no case should it be removed.
Then proceed to follow the port discovery instructions.

Please provide just the ioreg that results from port discovery.
From the ioreg you provide, I will determine which ports are missing from the custom USB SSDT.asl for your model.

Last edited:
What is an 'internal USB dock"?
Your ioreg shows you did not follow the guide (if your ACPI configuration was correct, BAT0 and BAT1 would be combined to BATC).
You should not be creating your own USB SSDT.
This guide integrates SSDT-UIAC.aml content into the model specific SSDT. If you provide an SSDT with UIAC in it (as you have), you will break the entire model specific SSDT.

Restore your ACPI setup to original with install_acpi.sh as per post #1.
Then make sure you're using -uia_ignore_rmcf (it causes USBInjectAll.kext to ignore the custom config in your model specific SSDT).
Make sure USBInjectAll.kext is still installed (install_downloads.sh installs it). In no case should it be removed.
Then proceed to follow the port discovery instructions.

Please provide just the ioreg that results from port discovery.
From the ioreg you provide, I will determine which ports are missing from the custom USB SSDT.asl for your model.

I mean to write internal USB ports. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for clarifying that for me- I've gone through the steps in the first post again and booted with the -uia_ignore_rmcf flag. The ioreg is attached.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
I reinstalled Sierra from scratch after all of the problems High Sierra were given me, and to my surprise using the latest repo, many things were not working on my 9480m: battery status, audio, GPU acceleration etc.
Tried reinstalling High Sierra, same problem but at least GPU acceleration is working
Report file in attachment ( from Sierra )

Attachments

• 9480m_20180108.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back