Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested with -uia_ignore_rmcf added to my boot flags. Anything (USB2 or USB3 ) connected to the USB-C port uses port HS05 in both directions. No SSxx port is active ever when this connector is used.

Then it is (so far) UsbConnector=9.
But it sounds like your adapter is faulty... or some other mistake (all SSxx ports not enabled).

BTW: The DP audio works flawlessly on this notebook after running your HDMI Audio script!

No idea what you mean by "HDMI Audio script".

I'm thinking that maybe my USB-C to USB adapter I'm using is intended for only USB 2.0 (It came with my phone...). I have ordered a USB-C to USB 3.0 adapter to further test the port.

LasVegas

You will know that for sure if it only ever connects to HSxx, never SSxx.

I followed all the instructions in you thread but I did not get nor sound or battery status and besides I lost the USBs in the docking station. So I tried with the working config.plist I have in Sierra (another disk). This one fixed the USBs but no sound or Battery.
"Customizing your USB"
Now I'm sending you the Ioreg after testing every USB port with a USB 3.0 device first and then a USB 2.0.
This laptop has 2 USB 2.0 ports on the right, 2 USB 2.0 ports on the left.
The docking station has 2 USB 3.0 ports on the left and 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back.

I enabled the three "change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext" and every combination of them without result.

An by the way, with the proper config.plist Sound and and BAT are fully functional.

Make sure your BIOS is up-to-date.
Then follow the instructions in post #1. Exactly.

Please document each active HPxx, SSxx port and their location.
Note: The port limit patch has no application to your hardware.

I see,
Your copy of the github project is not up-to-date.
I updated from the repository.
Configured again.
Still mouse lagging after boot and sleep. I also searched a bit for solutions in other laptop guides, I am not sure what to do.

Attachments

• debug_11656.zip
    2 MB · Views: 69
Hi RehabMan, I'm using HP Zbook 15 G3 with high sierra 10.13.2. I have a problem with my system. When i click Apple => shutdown, it restart. Can U help me ? I attached my EFI folder blow. Thanks for your help.
My system detail:
HP Zbook 15 G3 xeon 1505M 2.8Ghz, ram 16GB, hd graphic 530 + nvdia m1000m, ssd 1TB, nvme 256. (hd graphic is working, nvdia m1000m auto disable on hackintosh, HDMI not working)

Attachments

• HPZbookG3.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Hi RehabMan, I made a freh install of 10.13.2 everything work well other then sound and backligt settings after boot.
Debug attached.

Should not SSDT-ALS0.asl be included?
// SSDT for ProBook 4x0 G3 (Skylake)

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "4x0g3s", 0)
{
#define OVERRIDE_XPEE 1
#include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
#include "SSDT-PluginType1.asl"
#include "SSDT-RP01_PEGP_RDSS.asl"
#include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
#include "include/layout7_HDEF.asl"
#include "include/disable_HECI.asl"
#include "include/key86_PS2K.asl"
#include "SSDT-KEY102.asl"
#include "SSDT-USB-4x0-G3.asl"
#include "SSDT-XHC.asl"
#include "SSDT-BATT-G4.asl" //REVIEW: using SSDT-BATT-G4 instead of SSDT-BATT-G3
#include "SSDT-USBX.asl"

// This USWE code is specific to the Skylake G3
External(USWE, FieldUnitObj)
Device(RMD3)
{
Name(_HID, "RMD30000")
Method(_INI)
{
// disable wake on XHC (XHC._PRW checks USWE and enables wake if it is 1)
If (CondRefOf(\USWE)) { \USWE = 0 }
}
}
}
//EOF

Attachments

• debug_25345.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I see,

I updated from the repository.
Configured again.
Still mouse lagging after boot and sleep. I also searched a bit for solutions in other laptop guides, I am not sure what to do.

Disable this patch: "Enable fourth connector by changing port count, 0x0a260006, RehabMan"

Hi RehabMan, I'm using HP Zbook 15 G3 with high sierra 10.13.2. I have a problem with my system. When i click Apple => shutdown, it restart. Can U help me ? I attached my EFI folder blow. Thanks for your help.
My system detail:
HP Zbook 15 G3 xeon 1505M 2.8Ghz, ram 16GB, hd graphic 530 + nvdia m1000m, ssd 1TB, nvme 256. (hd graphic is working, nvdia m1000m auto disable on hackintosh, HDMI not working)

HDMI not expected to work on the Zbook. The ZBook HDMI is dedicated to the Nvidia, and no one has investigated how to get Nvidia to work.

Should not SSDT-ALS0.asl be included?

Likely needed.
Try it and report back.
I'm only adding it as necessary to the models that need it (based on feedback here).

Disable this patch: "Enable fourth connector by changing port count, 0x0a260006, RehabMan"
Thank you very much, a happy new year for you, Rehabman.
I would like to contribute and donate, will it help you also doing this here at Tonymacs site link 'Contribute', or is there an other way to thank you 'more directly'?

HDMI not expected to work on the Zbook. The ZBook HDMI is dedicated to the Nvidia, and no one has investigated how to get Nvidia to work.
I can't shutdown my system. It restart when i shutdown. Can you help me RehabMan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back