Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok
Mi WiFi card is an ar9285, anda i hace 50mb fibra, of spain, in Ubuntu WiFi is correct but in osx i have problems
7mb speed and again in Windows and Android in mobile 50mb in test

AR9285 is a poor choice... No 5ghz. And it is likely you did not patch the eeprom for your region.
Read post #1 for better WiFi hardware choices (such as BCM943252HMB).
And check here for correct eeprom regdomain patching: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ar9280-athr-unknown-locale-xx-eeprom-mod.97428/

Sorry is 9280, but tomorrow i Will try
Thanks for your patient

I observ the problem after post installation reboot and ejecute This
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
, perhaps is a kext problem

Sorry is 9280, but tomorrow i Will try
Thanks for your patient

I observ the problem after post installation reboot and ejecute This
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
, perhaps is a kext problem

No ideas without "Problem Reporting" files as requested in post #1.

Note: AR9280 must also have the correct regdomain.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Excuse the delay. Did a fresh installation of 10.13 via the guide. Happy with the performance, however 2 x USB ports (left) are not functional, and within the first 2 hours of use, system has frozen 3 times with functional trackpad and usb mouse, forcing reboot. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
however 2 x USB ports (left) are not functional,

They are probably connected to the NEC/Renasas controller.
Those ports can be supported with GenericUSBXHCI.kext (not installed by this guide as it is buggy). Devices must be plugged in prior to boot (hotplug is not reliable in that kext).

and within the first 2 hours of use, system has frozen 3 times with functional trackpad and usb mouse, forcing reboot. Thank you very much!

Make sure you do EC reset.
And check that BIOS settings are correct, and BIOS is up-to-date.

Your laptop has native NVRAM, no need for EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

kexts/Other is missing kexts (you will not be able to boot the installer or recovery)

"Automatic restart" after Apple->Shutdown on certain laptops: This has been fixed for Skylake and KabyLake laptops supported by this guide. If the fix is needed for others, it is easy to add.
My laptop some times auto restart when shutdown. What's is the standard way to add the fix?

My laptop some times auto restart when shutdown. What's is the standard way to add the fix?

Is it really "auto restart after shutdown"? (eg. shutdown completes and then in 1 or 2 seconds the laptop turns back on)
Or is it a crash/reboot in the middle of the shutdown process.

Also, you must attach "Problem Reporting" files.
And if it is intermittent, you must identify the conditions under which it happens and does not happen (particular devices connected to USB?)

Hi
RehabMan
tanks for your guide.
I update my prebook 4540s by your major update guide from 10.12.6 to 10.13 but my keyboard and trackpad not work after restart randomly.sometimes and I have to restart again in order to solve the issue.
battery status not show any things when power is on and I have to unplug power cable and plug it again.then battery status will show.
what is wrong for me?

Attachments

• untitled folder 2.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 100
Updated from 10.12.6 to 10.13

Updated Clover, and updated all efi files. Added the APFS.efi file. Update was done in 20 minutes with almost everything working.

Only thing is still the brightness keys. And I still have to test the USB ports.

Excellent work!

Last edited:
Hi
RehabMan
tanks for your guide.
I update my prebook 4540s by your major update guide from 10.12.6 to 10.13 but my keyboard and trackpad not work after restart randomly.sometimes and I have to restart again in order to solve the issue.
battery status not show any things when power is on and I have to unplug power cable and plug it again.then battery status will show.
what is wrong for me?

I think your SSDT.aml is wrong (CPU PM not working).
With ssdtPRGen.sh, generate with -w 3 (non-beta) or -c 3 (beta).
Do EC reset also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back