Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi rehabman i want to report some problem again after successful update to high sierra on hp 450 g1
  1. reboot not working properly even the lcd turned off i still have to press the power button to reboot
  2. HDMI not working both display and audio previously on 10.12 sierra it works fine (hd 4600)
  3. internal audio working but not external both headphone jack and microphone (idt 92hd91bxx)
  4. trackpad not detected in settings but it works (i think this is fine if not resolved since i rarely use it anyway)
after update i did download and install, install acpi from your repo and here is the file reporting

What did you upgrade from?
Did you try a fresh install for comparison? (I notice you have unnecessary software installed such as VirtualBox).

One problem I see is that EHCI #2 should also be disabled.
Is your BIOS up-to-date?

You could try the alternate ig-platform-id, as was done for some other other Haswell models (note that 6x0 G1 uses #include "include/ig_0d260007.asl")

Last edited:
What did you upgrade from?
Did you try a fresh install for comparison? (I notice you have unnecessary software installed such as VirtualBox).

One problem I see is that EHCI #2 should also be disabled.
Is your BIOS up-to-date?

You could try the alternate ig-platform-id, as was done for some other other Haswell models (note that 6x0 G1 uses #include "include/ig_0d260007.asl")

sierra 10.12, i need virtualbox for work is virtualbox really buggy on hackintosh?

how do i disable EHCI? my bios is up to date but when i first install i got bios error CMOS reset i ignored it and now the error message is gone i thought it's solved

how do i change ig-platform-id? is it that one in config.plist in graphics section?

Successfully updated to High Sierra but some problems:
  1. /install_downloads.sh appeared to output correctly but strangely didn't install any kexts in S/L/E. I had to guess what kexts were necessary and install them manually.
  2. Battery status is still not working despite having disabled TRIM (reports as 0% even though I'm actually connected to power adapter). The menu bar setting also unchecks immediately after attempting to enable it.
  3. The trackpad prefpane doesn't detect anything so I can't enable any gestures, even though I definitely have a Synaptics trackpad which worked previously on Sierra.
  4. iTunes 12.7 frequently crashes soon after opening. Here is a thread that describes the issue.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    61.4 KB · Views: 81
  • MacBook Air.zip
    597.5 KB · Views: 103
  • output1.zip
    2 KB · Views: 76
  • output2.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 89
  • clover.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I also experienced an issue with hardware acceleration introducing graphical glitches in many apps. I resolved this by changing the video memory in BIOS from 32mb to 64mb. This was never an issue in Sierra.

sierra 10.12, i need virtualbox for work is virtualbox really buggy on hackintosh?

Remove to isolate the problem.

how do i disable EHCI?

I will check changes into the beta branch that will do it, but you can probably do it in BIOS by setting xHCI mode = Enabled (instead of auto/smart auto).

my bios is up to date but when i first install i got bios error CMOS reset i ignored it and now the error message is gone i thought it's solved

Did you do EC reset?

how do i change ig-platform-id? is it that one in config.plist in graphics section?

You add the #include I mentioned to your model specific .dsl file (SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl as you see in SSDT-6x0-G1-Haswell.dsl).

You could also just use SSDT-6x0-G1-Haswell.aml. (the two SSDTs are exactly alike except for 6x0 disables both EHCI controllers and uses ig-platform-id 0x0d260007).

Potential diffs I have so far:
Code:
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl
@@ -3,6 +3,7 @@
 DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "4x0g1h", 0)
 {
     #include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
+    #include "include/ig_0d260007.asl"
     #include "SSDT-PluginType1.asl"
     #include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
     #include "include/layout17_HDEF.asl"
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.asl b/hotpatch/SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.asl
index 9fc18ab..4620379 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.asl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.asl
@@ -72,10 +72,11 @@
     }

//
-// Disabling EHCI #1
+// Disabling EHCI #1 and #2
 //
     External(_SB.PCI0, DeviceObj)
     External(_SB.PCI0.EH01, DeviceObj)
+    External(_SB.PCI0.EH02, DeviceObj)
     External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB, DeviceObj)

// registers needed for disabling EHC#1
@@ -87,6 +88,15 @@
             PSTE, 2  // bits 2:0 are power state
         }
     }
+    // registers needed for disabling EHC#2
+    Scope(_SB.PCI0.EH02)
+    {
+        OperationRegion(RMP1, PCI_Config, 0x54, 2)
+        Field(RMP1, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
+        {
+            PSTE, 2  // bits 2:0 are power state
+        }
+    }
     Scope(_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
     {
         OperationRegion(RMP1, PCI_Config, 0xF0, 4)
@@ -116,6 +126,11 @@
                 ^^EH01.PSTE = 3
                 // disable EHCI#1 PCI space
                 ^^LPCB.FDE1 = 1
+                // disable EHCI#2
+                // put EHCI#2 in D3hot (sleep mode)
+                ^^EH02.PSTE = 3
+                // disable EHCI#2 PCI space
+                ^^LPCB.FDE2 = 1
             }
         }
     }

Successfully updated to High Sierra but some problems:
  1. /install_downloads.sh appeared to output correctly but strangely didn't install any kexts in S/L/E. I had to guess what kexts were necessary and install them manually.
  2. Battery status is still not working despite having disabled TRIM (reports as 0% even though I'm actually connected to power adapter). The menu bar setting also unchecks immediately after attempting to enable it.
  3. The trackpad prefpane doesn't detect anything so I can't enable any gestures, even though I definitely have a Synaptics trackpad which worked previously on Sierra.
  4. iTunes 12.7 frequently crashes soon after opening. Here is a thread that describes the issue.

I had your issues 2 & 3.
I don't really know what made them disappear...
Last actions were rebuild caches, install lastest Clover 4233 and do a cold boot...

/install_downloads.sh appeared to output correctly but strangely didn't install any kexts in S/L/E.

Not strange. install_downloads.sh installs kexts to /L/E, not /S/L/E.

I had to guess what kexts were necessary and install them manually.

Mistake.

Battery status is still not working despite having disabled TRIM (reports as 0% even though I'm actually connected to power adapter). The menu bar setting also unchecks immediately after attempting to enable it.

The trackpad prefpane doesn't detect anything so I can't enable any gestures, even though I definitely have a Synaptics trackpad which worked previously on Sierra.

iTunes 12.7 frequently crashes soon after opening. Here is a thread that describes the issue.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

I did attach the problem reporting files. Check again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back