Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this kernel flag uia_exclude. Should I just put "uia_exclude" in the argument?
If not then Please Help me How to use it properly to disable my internal BT controller.

Read USBInjectAll README.

One more question! I have triple boot system: Ubuntu, Windows 10 and macOS. Some times macOS failed to boot. Booting stops at the begging when apple appears and before progressbar and safe mode with -v option stops on +++++++++++++++++++

More often after reboting from Ubuntu. Helps only booting into Windows and back to macOS. Sometimes macOS boot without issuies... It is very random... Is it happens because I install bootloaders (grub, bootmgr and clover) on ESP or maybe apfs.efi doesn't load correctly? How can I fix macOS boot?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

my brightness control is not working. It worked once after many restarts, once i restarted again, it didnt work since then. I tried rebuilding kext cache and permissions using kext wizard. I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave

Your mistake: you disabled the AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch.

Your mistake: you disabled the AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch.
I changed it. Still not working... :(

Attachments

• debug_9038.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
I changed it. Still not working... :(

According to your bootlog.txt, still disabled:
0:212 0:000 - [01]: com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight (change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 9
0:212 0:000 - patch disabled at config

Link is provided in the FAQ. Please read it.
well the requirement is I have to boot to system properly

well maybe you can examine my config.plist. why I can't boot from USB with high sierra Installer inside
I attached Clover folder here
thank you
:)

Attachments

• For Rehabman.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 63
well the requirement is I have to boot to system properly

As I said, use your USB Clover (the same one you used to boot the installer) to boot the system.

well maybe you can examine my config.plist. why I can't boot from USB with high sierra Installer inside
I attached Clover folder here
thank you
:)

That config.plist is for post-install scenario (on EFI/Clover on main drive), not USB pre-install.
And the rest of your EFI/Clover (kexts, drivers64UEFI) is also wrong.

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

According to your bootlog.txt, still disabled:
0:212 0:000 - [01]: com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight (change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 9
0:212 0:000 - patch disabled at config
Can you check this again? I fixed it and restarted again...still not working.

Attachments

• debug_28780.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 62

Attachments

• problem_report.zip
    3 MB · Views: 69
Can you check this again? I fixed it and restarted again...still not working.

Your revision of Clover is not the recommended (RehabMan) build.
Install Clover, latest RehabMan build.
Then rebuild cache, then reboot.
If still not working, read guide regarding EDID patching. Note that you will need to inject patched EDID via config.plist/Devices/Properties (because currently EDID fixing not supported when using Devices/Properties).
Backlight guide reference:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back