Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, almost finished following instructions but i have a problem with ACPI configuration "The files that need to be installed depend on personal preferences and your laptop model. The (appropriate set of) SSDTs in ./build must be installed to the EFI partiton at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. To insure you have the correct files installed, you should use the install_acpi.sh script as described later in this section."
How should i do this?

I confirm the problem is only with putting display to sleep and wake of display.

I updated repo and tried without LPC, problem still exist.
I removed SMBUS section from SSDT, problem still exist (assuming I did it correctly).

Not sure if I covered all the tests you wanted me to try.

Try without FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.
Same problem with 10.12.6? Or not?
This ioreg does not correspond with the EFI/Clover you attached.
The bootlog from the ioreg shows no SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml:
Code:
7:950  0:000  === [ ACPIPatchedAML ] ====================================
7:950  0:000  Unsorted
7:950  0:000  Inserting SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
7:951  0:000  Inserting SSDT-FAN-READ.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
7:951  0:000  Inserting SSDT-IGPU.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
But the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml is still present in the EFI/Clover you attached.
Care to explain the discrepancy?

Last edited:
hi guys, almost finished following instructions but i have a problem with ACPI configuration "The files that need to be installed depend on personal preferences and your laptop model. The (appropriate set of) SSDTs in ./build must be installed to the EFI partiton at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. To insure you have the correct files installed, you should use the install_acpi.sh script as described later in this section."
How should i do this?

It is covered in post #1. Please read it carefully.
The hardware details in your profile are not complete enough for me to tell which params you need for install_acpi.sh.
Perhaps you should read that section of the FAQ as well:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm not going to bother looking for them.
If you want help, you can provide them and avoid wasting my time.

Well Im sorry if i disappointed you, but i can't provide newer files, because now DP is not working now no matter what i try (because of connectors being corrected)

In my original post confing.plist is from your repo (called config_8x0s_G1_Haswell.plist) only difference is SMBIOS section. If i disable some of your existing kext patches or try to set the right connectors internal DP port stops working.

Will try one more fresh install and some framebuffer patches.
Thanks

The DP connectors on the Ultraslim 2013 dock are connected through a Synaptics DP MST hub that is built into the dock. The hub may be interfering with detecting and using the displays because AFAIK OSX doesn't support MST hubs on Intel graphics.

Thanks for info, will try to diagnose what happens when i connect computer to dock. But first I must repair my internal DP port which was working ok previously before ive started to mess with framebuffer.

HP 840 G1, High Sierra. When Undock, everything works great. When Dock, Got Panic when try to reboot.

What kind of dock are you using?
Your internal DP is working ok ?

Ive followed the guide, used the 8x0 G1 haswell dsdt patches and config_8x0s_G1_Haswell.plist and I can confirm my laptop doesn't reboot when on dock. On dock USB ports VGA ETHERNET and power all works ok, only DP ports :(

It is covered in post #1. Please read it carefully.
The hardware details in your profile are not complete enough for me to tell which params you need for install_acpi.sh.
Perhaps you should read that section of the FAQ as well:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Screen resolution 1366*768, wifi card 5b95
I mean after this command cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./build.sh" it's building a lot of stuff and also some kexts and put them in ./build folder. My question is how to access those files and install them?

Try without FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.
This ioreg does not correspond with the EFI/Clover you attached.
The bootlog from the ioreg shows no SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml:
Code:
7:950  0:000  === [ ACPIPatchedAML ] ====================================
7:950  0:000  Unsorted
7:950  0:000  Inserting SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
7:951  0:000  Inserting SSDT-FAN-READ.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
7:951  0:000  Inserting SSDT-IGPU.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
But the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml is still present in the EFI/Clover you attached.
Care to explain the discrepancy?
I could have attached the old CLOVER folder same with the ioreg.

This time I deleted the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and display sleep/wake is still not working.

I am pretty sure I got all the correct files attached this time, sorry for the confusing files being attached.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • commands.txt.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 70
  • elitebook.zip
    643.8 KB · Views: 69
  • rehabman.zip
    66.6 KB · Views: 62
Well Im sorry if i disappointed you, but i can't provide newer files, because now DP is not working now no matter what i try (because of connectors being corrected)

Attach the files from when it was working.
And attach current files.

Screen resolution 1366*768, wifi card 5b95

Screen resolution must be in your profile.
Please fix as per FAQ.

I mean after this command cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./build.sh" it's building a lot of stuff and also some kexts and put them in ./build folder. My question is how to access those files and install them?

You use install_acpi.sh as per guide.

I could have attached the old CLOVER folder same with the ioreg.

This time I deleted the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and display sleep/wake is still not working.

I am pretty sure I got all the correct files attached this time, sorry for the confusing files being attached.

You didn't answer my question.

Also, is this a fresh install?

You didn't answer my question.

Also, is this a fresh install?
Could you help me, RehabMan? My hackitntosh installed fresh, 10.12.6, everything well but it restart after long sleep, and it says: Your computer restarted because of a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back