Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I do these steps to enable sound on HP Elitebook 8470p (intel hd4000 gpu) high Sierra os with supplemental update:

1) install voodoohda 2.9.0 choose 3rd selection classic install
2) install with kext utility the voodoohda.kext (version 2.9.0d10) to fix volume sliders problem and automute@startup

Everything it's ok with the sound from internal speakers and headphones output but the three HDMI selections none of them work when I plugged in a ds port to external monitor. So I found a solution to work my ds port sound I just install audio cloverHDMI-130_V0.5.command with these purposes:

1) mount efi
2) remove from S/L/E voodoohda.kext (otherwise don't find the intel hd4000 sound)
3) install cloverHDMI-130_V0.5.command

*to work HDMI/ DP sound must remove voodoohda.kext and then restart the laptop.

My problem is I must remove the voodoohda.kext to work the ds port sound. Is there any way to work inside the voodoohdasettingsloader without removing the kext or a way to skip loading voodoohda.kext from startup clover menu at laptop boot?

Thanks

Hello, I do these steps to enable sound on HP Elitebook 8470p (intel hd4000 gpu) high Sierra os with supplemental update:

1) install voodoohda 2.9.0 choose 3rd selection classic install
2) install with kext utility the voodoohda.kext (version 2.9.0d10) to fix volume sliders problem and automute@startup

Everything it's ok with the sound from internal speakers and headphones output but the three HDMI selections none of them work when I plugged in a ds port to external monitor. So I found a solution to work my ds port sound I just install audio cloverHDMI-130_V0.5.command with these purposes:

1) mount efi
2) remove from S/L/E voodoohda.kext (otherwise don't find the intel hd4000 sound)
3) install cloverHDMI-130_V0.5.command

*to work HDMI/ DP sound must remove voodoohda.kext and then restart the laptop.

My problem is I must remove the voodoohda.kext to work the ds port sound. Is there any way to work inside the voodoohdasettingsloader without removing the kext or a way to skip loading voodoohda.kext from startup clover menu at laptop boot?

Thanks

This guide does not use VoodooHDA.
This guide uses patched AppleHDA.
Read post #1. Follow as written.

1) I am seeing a white (almost solid white, seems to pulse) screen when letting laptop sit for a bit and returning to it. I think the display has gone to sleep but failed to wake up because I typed my password multiple times and hit return and nothing happened so I power cycle the laptop and noticed that my password was sent in a slack message :(.

2) Battery icon shows charging but battery level is decreasing as I use the laptop

I believe my laptop is up to date with repo except I have left TRIM enabled.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
  • commands.txt.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 76
  • RehabMan.zip
    65.9 KB · Views: 72
  • elitebook.zip
    681.7 KB · Views: 70
@RehabMan what are the odds you would have a clone of a basic working 4540s system that I can try imaging? I've got no upgrades in my machine other than wifi/bt combo card. 4000 series graphics. 2.59 i5

I'm currently on 10.11.4 and am hesitant to upgrade. I've got the second hdd in the machine that I want to try to install on before cloning and moving to my ssd.

@RehabMan what are the odds you would have a clone of a basic working 4540s system that I can try imaging? I've got no upgrades in my machine other than wifi/bt combo card. 4000 series graphics. 2.59 i5

I'm currently on 10.11.4 and am hesitant to upgrade. I've got the second hdd in the machine that I want to try to install on before cloning and moving to my ssd.

If you follow the guide (post #1) I don't see why you would have any problems. My summary of the process would be update the repo, update config.plist, update smbios (build.sh && install_acpi), update downloads (download.sh && install_downloads.sh)

1) I am seeing a white (almost solid white, seems to pulse) screen when letting laptop sit for a bit and returning to it. I think the display has gone to sleep but failed to wake up because I typed my password multiple times and hit return and nothing happened so I power cycle the laptop and noticed that my password was sent in a slack message :(.

2) Battery icon shows charging but battery level is decreasing as I use the laptop

I believe my laptop is up to date with repo except I have left TRIM enabled.

Problems/mistakes/comments:
- why are you using HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext with 10.13? (NVMe native in 10.13)
- you should probably try SATA SSD instead of NVMe (no PM for NVMe ATM)
- Sinetek-rtsx.kext may be a problem
- the ioreg you attached shows battery "charging" but at zero rate, capacity at 52% (did you try EC reset?)
- config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true. You have it set false (note: it is best to set only the ProductName and SerialNumber)
- check BIOS settings (DVMT-prealloc 64mb)
- you should test display sleep and full sleep with Apple->Sleep (that way you can narrow down the problem)
- you could try other SMBIOS (although I don't suspect MacBookPro11,1 is a problem)
- try without LPC inject (look in model specific SSDT)
- try without SMBUS inject (same)
- try without USB audio
- Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports (see related topic in FAQ for fix)
- try without FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (I can fix on my end by injecting RM,device-id=0x1916.... FakePCIID is spoofing it as 0x1912... may or may not be a good idea)
- note Chome's nosleep assertion:
Code:
   pid 354(Google Chrome): [0x0000006400018152] 00:18:04 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "WebRTC has active PeerConnections"

Why would you need a clone from someone else?
Just follow the instructions in post #1.

If you want to try 10.13, do so in a second partition.

Hi, first I would like to thank you for your contribution to hackintosh laptop community.

I've successfully installed 10.13 APFS on my HP EliteBook 840 g1, almost everything works great, except garbled boot when using native UEFI but is not so important.
But need help at patching HD4400 frame buffer, because display ports stop working when I put laptop on HP Ultraslim docking station.

On docking station USB ports, VGA port and ethernet are working ok. Laptop display port works ok until I plugin docking station, then internal screen dims (like normaly when you connect external display) but there is no signal on external display, also no displays external are shown in display settings perfpanel. Display ports on docking station also don't work.

Any advice on framebuffer patching would be appreciated.

VGA is not supported, so I have no plans to help you with that one.
For laptop DP port, attach ioreg and corresponding config.plist that shows it working.

In my original post, laptop DP port was working ok... See those files

In my original post, laptop DP port was working ok... See those files

I'm not going to bother looking for them.
If you want help, you can provide them and avoid wasting my time.

Hi Der-3,

I also have an elitebook 8x0 G3 and recently did a fresh install of 10.13. However, I am having isssues with sleep (it will turn off display but will not wake from sleep). I see you have a working elitebook now. Did you experience any issues with sleep initially? If so, did you do anything to correct it?

Also, what wifi card are you running?

Rehabman, I will be posting reporting files shortly, as I just installed 10.13.

Hi
I just tested sleep and it works great.
Didn't do anything special. Just followed the guide.

I have an BCM94352HMB wifi card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back