Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would i find that version of clover - it seems that i cannot find it in that thread. I use your latest 444 clover build

I have not checked in my changes for AAPL,GfxYTile yet.
There were some changes made in the official sourceforge Clover (based on my advice to the Clover team), but I cannot guarantee they are correct, as they are different than the changes I suggested.
You can certainly try it, or you can implement the change I mentioned in the Clover threads and build from source.

Inaccurate?
Accurate on the A36D device.
Thunderbolt not covered here or with USBInjectAll.kext.
For the most part, TB does not work properly... (known problem affecting all hacks).
I am surprised that this TB USB3.0 controller works fine and can even be hot swapped.

I reinstalled MacOS to SATA SSD, which seems to avoid the problem of randomly losing keyboard and mouse.

When the backlight is driven, the backlight will flash, and if it is severe, it will automatically restart. This is beyond my previous experience.

Attachments

• 2018-07.png
    2018-07.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 12.gif
    12.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
Your config.plist is not from my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

(or if it was, it was substantially edited).

that 's correct, I used a guide from another guy. Finally found out what went wrong. After certain restarts, the BIOS was reset to factory default, still don't know why this happened. Anyway I followed your guide and managed to instal High Sierra including post install, everything seems to function except for the battery status, it displays 0% with adapter connected. When disconnected a warning is displayed (less 10% left). I couldn't find the solution to correct this, perhaps you can guide me here. Please find attached the required data. And many thanks for your support.

Attachments

• debug_10940.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 123
Which config.plist do I use for a probook 430 g5?

Accurate on the A36D device.

Since you claim the same ports use HSxx...
You should find SSxx ports used by a USB-C->USB3 adapter.
You need to test it.

that 's correct, I used a guide from another guy. Finally found out what went wrong. After certain restarts, the BIOS was reset to factory default, still don't know why this happened. Anyway I followed your guide and managed to instal High Sierra including post install, everything seems to function except for the battery status, it displays 0% with adapter connected. When disconnected a warning is displayed (less 10% left). I couldn't find the solution to correct this, perhaps you can guide me here. Please find attached the required data. And many thanks for your support.

Make sure your BIOS is up-to-date.

Hi,
In Post #1 RehabMan writes:
For an example of "known working" ProBook 450 G4 (Kaby Lake) settings, see here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-623#post-1489904

The link takes me to page 623 post 6221 in [Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)
which is the wrong post #.
Am I missing something, and is there an example of working Probook settings somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back