Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having any luck getting High Sierra working on a ProBook 450 G4 (Kabylake)? I had 10.12.6 running pretty well, and was initially able to install High Sierra on an HFS+J partition using the Clover USB Install, Avoid AFPS conversion, and Clover hotpatch guides, but was having stability problems. Now I can't get the High Sierra installer to boot from "macOS install on macOS" (1st reboot after running installer USB). Just looking to see if anyone has had any success before I give up and revert back to 10.12.6.

ProBook 450 G4/i7-7500U (Clover)
8GB RAM
Intel HD620 Graphics
500GB M.2 SATA SSD

Writing this from my ProBook 4530s with High Sierra (plus supplemental update), which is working very well.

Thanks,
-bth

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

See attached for reporting files. Note, I also changed the antenna connections on the wifi board, with no change in speed. It is still less than 1/2 of what it should be. Thank you for your assistance.

NOTE: now, after lifting the lid (after maybe 5-10 mins), I hear a weird clicking sound from the speakers and the trackpad is completely erratic. I have to restart for it to go away. Any ideas?

In addition, see the following:

Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0

Test sleep with Apple->Sleep, not by closing the lid.
Note: EFI not requested. You should attach only EFI/Clover as per problem reporting request.
MacBookPro13,2 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro13,1 instead (or MacBookPro11,1).

Greetings Rehabman: I have attached the zip file. I hope it has all its fingers and toes and not too many.

There are two anomalies that I am seeing. Well, three, actually. I noticed there was no battery power icon in the menu bar not long after upgrading to High Sierra. Invoking it did not help because the checkmark disappeared in the option box.

So, I went back to a vanilla config.plist that comes with the hot patch, the one designed for a 4530s. That worked. After modifying it to boot legacy and adding my own boot theme, the icon disappeared. But I could invoke it in the option box. But on reboot, it disappeared and has to be invoked again.

Meanwhile, booting the Windows 10 installation (which is why I have a legacy boot), I noticed that it, too, will not wake up after invoking sleep.

And, I am using the lastest BIOS, f63.

Your problem reporting attachment is too large.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Test sleep with Apple->Sleep, not by closing the lid.
Note: EFI not requested. You should attach only EFI/Clover as per problem reporting request.
MacBookPro13,2 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro13,1 instead (or MacBookPro11,1).

Sleep seems to work fine when selecting it from apple menu. Problem only occurs (weird clicking sound and erratic trackpad) when closing lid.

Hey, curious if anyone has experienced an issue with Shutdown. After the upgrade on my Elitebook 840 G1, everything seems to be working correctly. However, when I got to shutdown, I see a black screen and the laptop does not shutdown. I have to force shutdown by holding the power button. This is something new with High Sierra. Anyone else notice this?

Attachments

• Error Reporting.zip
    2 MB · Views: 80
Hey, curious if anyone has experienced an issue with Shutdown. After the upgrade on my Elitebook 840 G1, everything seems to be working correctly. However, when I got to shutdown, I see a black screen and the laptop does not shutdown. I have to force shutdown by holding the power button. This is something new with High Sierra. Anyone else notice this?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Sleep seems to work fine when selecting it from apple menu. Problem only occurs (weird clicking sound and erratic trackpad) when closing lid.

It is a known problem with certain laptops.
I suggested some debugging be done a while back (in the El Capitan thread).
But no one ever took it on.

It is a known problem with certain laptops.
I suggested some debugging be done a while back (in the El Capitan thread).
But no one ever took it on.

Any idea on the slow wireless? Should I choose another m.2 card? I picked this one because of the native support but not if it won't operate at full speed.

Any idea on the slow wireless? Should I choose another m.2 card? I picked this one because of the native support but not if it won't operate at full speed.

For BCM943602, you should disable various patches that are intended only for BCM94352. Check your config.plist.

May also be an issue with country code mismatch. You didn't provide any details on region/networking equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back