Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed on a 820 G3. Two issues so far:

1. Doesn't sleep. Screen turns off but will instantly turn on if you move trackpad. I have to believe it is not sleeping. Why? I followed guide to a T.

2. I have a BCM943602BAED card installed. I used 3 antennas. It works but speeds are slow. About half of what they should be. I compare with my real macbook next to it and its twice the speed.

If you have an external connector for DP, it should be <00 04 00 00> not <04 00 00 00>.
Patch each of the connectors so they match the physical connection type.
Report results (eg. "Problem Reporting" files).
Ive changed ports to DP and VGA in clover kext patch option, but nothing changed in IO REG... Maybe I'm not addressing right layout?

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"
Thanks again for your help //i solved the problem // lets say most of us don't have patience to read all the stuff // generally they do between lines and at some point they will stuck // its great for the community to have such people that invest time in such kind of things // good job

Just installed on a 820 G3. Two issues so far:

1. Doesn't sleep. Screen turns off but will instantly turn on if you move trackpad. I have to believe it is not sleeping. Why? I followed guide to a T.

2. I have a BCM943602BAED card installed. I used 3 antennas. It works but speeds are slow. About half of what they should be. I compare with my real macbook next to it and its twice the speed.

FYI: Sleep is delayed by 15-20 seconds.
You failed to attach "Problem Reporting" files.

Ive changed ports to DP and VGA in clover kext patch option, but nothing changed in IO REG... Maybe I'm not addressing right layout?

Use a patch that has only the 3 dwords that make up the connector data.
For example, to change the 0105 port to DP:
Find: <01050900 04000000 87000000>
Replace: <01050900 00040000 87000000>

Sleep on my 4530s worked sporadically in Sierra. In High Sierra, after putting the laptop to sleep, it won't wake. It just reboots. Has anyone else experienced this?

Update: Windows 10 doesn't wake up either now. I have tried the latest BIOS. Still no karma.

Last edited:
Confirmed working on Elitebook 8460p w/ supported wifi card. Also I can confirm iMessage/Facetime working with the post from OP (for me the combination of chapters 3.3, 5, 7,1 worked and settings were kept even after the supplemental update). My question is whether if the 43224HMS card can activate the Handoff and Continuity features... I can't seem to make them work.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 84
FYI: Sleep is delayed by 15-20 seconds.
You failed to attach "Problem Reporting" files.

See attached for reporting files. Note, I also changed the antenna connections on the wifi board, with no change in speed. It is still less than 1/2 of what it should be. Thank you for your assistance.

NOTE: now, after lifting the lid (after maybe 5-10 mins), I hear a weird clicking sound from the speakers and the trackpad is completely erratic. I have to restart for it to go away. Any ideas?

In addition, see the following:

Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    717.7 KB · Views: 62
  • EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 74
  • kextcache.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Use a patch that has only the 3 dwords that make up the connector data.
For example, to change the 0105 port to DP:
Find: <01050900 04000000 87000000>
Replace: <01050900 00040000 87000000>
Ive tried to change DP and VGA, no difference in IOreg.... Maybe Clover isn't patching the kext ? Is there any Clover log file to see what goes wrong ?

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
Sleep on my 4530s worked sporadically in Sierra. In High Sierra, after putting the laptop to sleep, it won't wake. It just reboots. Has anyone else experienced this?

Update: Windows 10 doesn't wake up either now. I have tried the latest BIOS. Still no karma.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back