Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot failure also with the RehabMan Clover build but i got OS to boot by changing the smbios
with clover configurator from MacbookPro 9,2 to 11,1.

MacBookPro11,1 is not correct for your current CPU PM setup.
Power management will not be complete.

If you have an issue, you must provide complete problem reporting files as per FAQ.

Note: You should avoid using Clover Configurator on your config.plist. It is known to make unauthorized changes. If you diff your two config.plist files, you will see many changes other than the SMBIOS change.

You should probably disable TRIM. Enabling TRIM has problems with certain SSD hardware. The guide files have TRIM disabled by default, but you changed it.

Hello again,

now TRIM is disabled, but i have the same issue. Sometimes keyboard and trackpad not working and sometimes only trackpad not working.

These problem reporting files are now with non working trackpad. I Hope it helps.

Attachments

• problem-reporting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
Hello again,

now TRIM is disabled, but i have the same issue. Sometimes keyboard and trackpad not working and sometimes only trackpad not working.

These problem reporting files are now with non working trackpad. I Hope it helps.

You should have used the gen_debug.sh tool. It might provide more information since it gathers kernel logs.
I can see from ioreg that the trackpad driver failed to start, but no idea why.
Did you do EC reset?

In the future...
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I'm trying to update from 10.12 to 10.13 and I get this even the same with fresh install mine is ProBook 450 G3 it's looping!
1515873740255-2011958045.jpg

Hi,

I installed 10.11.13 with APFS and my battery status disapeard. I can check the box in energy savings (System preferences) and it appears but des not update the information in the bar (percentage and unpluging the AC still updates the information in system preferences). After reboot it disapperas again. Once I rebuild the caches it works after reboot until i shutdown again. Battery information in activity monitor are also updated.
I allready disabled TRIM support and set the firstpolldelay via bootflag to 16000 - didn't change anything. I posted two error files - one before rebuilding cache and one after rebuilding with working battery status bar. With Sierra it worked like a charme. Any ideas?

Regards.

Attachments

• working.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • not working.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-14 um 11.48.08.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-14 um 11.48.08.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 112
MacBookPro11,1 is not correct for your current CPU PM setup.
Power management will not be complete..
Big problems when using clover uefi hotpatch.
Before i have installed all sierra version and all works fine and no any promlems.
Now i tried install sierra but it boot only if i chance profil from MacbookPro 9,2 to 11,1.
Only version that works is HS 10.13.0, it boot but it is very slow.
Before release of HS 10.13.2 all was fine but not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back