Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That did not work at all.

Now the latest update is 10.13.2. I could not update. I might have to do a clean install.

You need to boot the installer after the restart.
Pay close attention to the options available in Clover.

In some laptops, after installing supported WiFi hardware and enabling the driver as discussed above, the radio may refuse to power up. As a result, no networks are seen. Correct ACPI patches can sometimes help (eg. correct "OS Check Fix" patch). In other cases, even that is not enough (you will notice it affects both Windows, OS X and perhaps Linux). For half-mini PCIe, you can tape pin 20 to disable the "radio disable" function. For NGFF/M.2, tape pins 54 and 60.
What is the best way do a 'OS Check Fix' patch? It seems hard to do this patch via hotpatch technical...

That did not work at all.

Now the latest update is 10.13.2. I could not update. I might have to do a clean install.

Make sure you update everything prior to attempting to apply the 10.13.2 update.
Read post #1, "System updates".

Hi RehabMan

I don't have an installed macOS environment to work that. I mentioned in the post #1013 I'm stuck with the install here not being able to complete install Hope you can help as I don't have other mac

Thank you

You need to have a working hack or Mac to create the USB installer.

If DW1820A works in 10.11.6, but not work in 10.12,6 and 10.13.2, do I need adjust SSDT-HACK.asl -> XOSI?

The XOSI in this guide spoofs as "Windows 2009", which is Windows 7.
I don't think your issue is related to ACPI, but you can easily change which version of Windows is spoofed by changing the code in SSDT-XOSI.asl.

eg. spoofing as Windows 10:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:probook.git rehabman$ git diff hotpatch/SSDT-HACK.asl 
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-HACK.asl b/hotpatch/SSDT-HACK.asl
index 72e6d71..6850ad1 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-HACK.asl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-HACK.asl
@@ -31,9 +31,9 @@
             "Windows 2006 SP1",     // Windows Vista SP1
             "Windows 2006.1",       // Windows Server 2008
             "Windows 2009",         // Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
-            //"Windows 2012",       // Windows 8/Windows Server 2012
-            //"Windows 2013",       // Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2
-            //"Windows 2015",       // Windows 10/Windows Server TP
+            "Windows 2012",       // Windows 8/Windows Server 2012
+            "Windows 2013",       // Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2
+            "Windows 2015",       // Windows 10/Windows Server TP
         }
         Return (Ones != Match(Local0, MEQ, Arg0, MTR, 0, 0))
     }

Hello everyone, I would like to say that you are really great with this all around and I am your huge fan.
I have been installing OSX since Snow Leopard, mostly on desktop PCs built on Gigabyte hw. Currently I have two hacks where one is sandy i5-2500k and the other then Skylake i5-6600. Actually workin also on HP 6300 SFF i5-3470
Now try to install MacOS Sierra or High Sierra on the HP Probook 430 G1. The clean installation of the system works, the post-install stuff is not so much.

Configuration is:
Probook 430 G1, 8GB RAM (2x4 - Samsung / Elpida), 128GB SSD (SATA).

I tried the variants over the repositories, tried the variants manually, and all I could do was put the graphics card integrated in the CPU - HD 4400, with a fair resolution. There is no sound in the Sierra system, I do not have a back-light display including keyboard icons, sound keys show a skewed / off speaker. When using airplay sound works, we did not try HDMI
Similarly, the laptop does not have a battery; in the High Sierra system even the icon in the list next to the clock will be lost immediately after turning on the display.

The file attachment is, as I hope, perhaps all the data from which to clear what is needed.

Need say I have probably made 20-30 different installations, and only in one case when using PBI (probook installer) vs El Capitan I got backlight and battery. But again without the sound.
I also tried multibeast and added things from the RehabMan repository manually, and of course, last but not least, I used the scripts with the exception of ssdtPRGen.sh because of my haswell.
This last instalation is used as post 1 install scheme - via terminal and GIT.

Finally, I apologize for my English, I never studied foreign languages, so I used the translator along with my weak English.

Attachments

• Report-Ideapad-HPProbook-430-G1-haswell-high-sierra.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
Hello everyone, I would like to say that you are really great with this all around and I am your huge fan.
I have been installing OSX since Snow Leopard, mostly on desktop PCs built on Gigabyte hw. Currently I have two hacks where one is sandy i5-2500k and the other then Skylake i5-6600. Actually workin also on HP 6300 SFF i5-3470
Now try to install MacOS Sierra or High Sierra on the HP Probook 430 G1. The clean installation of the system works, the post-install stuff is not so much.

Configuration is:
Probook 430 G1, 8GB RAM (2x4 - Samsung / Elpida), 128GB SSD (SATA).

I tried the variants over the repositories, tried the variants manually, and all I could do was put the graphics card integrated in the CPU - HD 4400, with a fair resolution. There is no sound in the Sierra system, I do not have a back-light display including keyboard icons, sound keys show a skewed / off speaker. When using airplay sound works, we did not try HDMI
Similarly, the laptop does not have a battery; in the High Sierra system even the icon in the list next to the clock will be lost immediately after turning on the display.

The file attachment is, as I hope, perhaps all the data from which to clear what is needed.

Need say I have probably made 20-30 different installations, and only in one case when using PBI (probook installer) vs El Capitan I got backlight and battery. But again without the sound.
I also tried multibeast and added things from the RehabMan repository manually, and of course, last but not least, I used the scripts with the exception of ssdtPRGen.sh because of my haswell.
This last instalation is used as post 1 install scheme - via terminal and GIT.

Finally, I apologize for my English, I never studied foreign languages, so I used the translator along with my weak English.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back