Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I use the same USB. Why the same USB can boot into desktop in step 3, but failed in step 5

Likely you have mismatch between kexts installed and ACPI patches active.
It depends on the version you're running even...
Since you mention "OS X" (not macOS), I assume you're running 10.11.6. In that case, you'll have IntelBacklight.kext installed which requires the PNLF. A significant delay in boot will happen if you have IntelBacklight.kext loading, but ACPI is not patched for PNLF. It will eventually boot, but may take a couple of minutes as things timeout.

Likely you have mismatch between kexts installed and ACPI patches active.
It depends on the version you're running even...
Since you mention "OS X" (not macOS), I assume you're running 10.11.6. In that case, you'll have IntelBacklight.kext installed which requires the PNLF. A significant delay in boot will happen if you have IntelBacklight.kext loading, but ACPI is not patched for PNLF. It will eventually boot, but may take a couple of minutes as things timeout.
Thanks. I also suspect that hotpatch and kext are not matching. But the reason prevent USB from booting into installed partition is ig-platform-id. If I use 0x12345678, the USB can boot into desktop.
I will try remove all post installed kext in /L/E to test...

Thanks. I also suspect that hotpatch and kext are not matching. But the reason prevent USB from booting into installed partition is ig-platform-id. If I use 0x12345678, the USB can boot into desktop.
I will try remove all post installed kext in /L/E to test...

As expected.
Of course if you use an invalid ig-platform-id, the graphics drivers do not load and neither does IntelBacklight.kext, which avoids the long delay.

It is easy to set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddPNLF=true on your USB config.plist.

As expected.
Of course if you use an invalid ig-platform-id, the graphics drivers do not load and neither does IntelBacklight.kext, which avoids the long delay.

It is easy to set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddPNLF=true on your USB config.plist.
I tried remove kexts in /L/E, and boot from usb, it still failed. Only if I use 0x12345678 as ig-platform-id, the usb can boot.

I tried remove kexts in /L/E, and boot from usb, it still failed. Only if I use 0x12345678 as ig-platform-id, the usb can boot.

No idea without "problem reporting" files.
Full problem reporting files from the script + EFI/Clover from USB.

You will need to provide details.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Make sure you check your BIOS settings.
Use a USB2 stick in a USB2 port.

Here they are attached

It's usb 2.0 I only have usb 2 on my laptop
BIOS settings seem fine
- UEFI boot is enabled (hybrid/with CSM for best result)
- secure boot is disabled
- disable fast boot
- disable the serial port via BIOS option if available
- disable "LAN/WLAN switching" if available
- disable "Extended Idle Power States" if you find it under "Power Management Options"
- disable "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB"
- disable Firewire/IEEE 1394 if your laptop has it

Thank you

Attachments

• reports 12.21.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 78
Here they are attached

It's usb 2.0 I only have usb 2 on my laptop
BIOS settings seem fine
- UEFI boot is enabled (hybrid/with CSM for best result)
- secure boot is disabled
- disable fast boot
- disable the serial port via BIOS option if available
- disable "LAN/WLAN switching" if available
- disable "Extended Idle Power States" if you find it under "Power Management Options"
- disable "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB"
- disable Firewire/IEEE 1394 if your laptop has it

Thank you

Why is there an ioreg here? (thought this was a problem with pre-install?)
On your "CLOVER USB" you forgot to press F2 (no misc/preboot.log).
Also you forgot to press F4 (no ACPI/origin/*)
Are you sure you're booting that EFI/Clover?

Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide (IntelGraphicsFixup.kext not called for; requires Lilu.kext anyway, GenericUSBXHCI.kext not needed for USB2).
The preboot.log you attached is not related to "CLOVER USB" (different config.plist is in use)
Verbose boot photo likely indicates one the wrong USB port being used (try all).

Greetings... Presently @ 10.13.1, have downloaded 10.13.2 via Appstore and upon Clover boot, I target "Boot MacOs Install from.." System attempts to load for 15 minutes, then goes to white display where it holds with the beach ball indefinitely. I have updated files via git (Updates to the patch repositories). Problem Reporting zip attached. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• ssprod-8460P HIREs.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
Greetings... Presently @ 10.13.1, have downloaded 10.13.2 via Appstore and upon Clover boot, I target "Boot MacOs Install from.." System attempts to load for 15 minutes, then goes to white display where it holds with the beach ball indefinitely. I have updated files via git (Updates to the patch repositories). Problem Reporting zip attached. Thank you very much.

No kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Why do you expect to boot the installer without FakeSMC.kext?
See guide for correct EFI/Clover/kexts setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Why is there an ioreg here? (thought this was a problem with pre-install?)
On your "CLOVER USB" you forgot to press F2 (no misc/preboot.log).
Also you forgot to press F4 (no ACPI/origin/*)
Are you sure you're booting that EFI/Clover?

Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide (IntelGraphicsFixup.kext not called for; requires Lilu.kext anyway, GenericUSBXHCI.kext not needed for USB2).
The preboot.log you attached is not related to "CLOVER USB" (different config.plist is in use)
Verbose boot photo likely indicates one the wrong USB port being used (try all).
Hi RehabMan

Managed to get it goin from other USB port. Thanks

Still, though I did phase 1, can't get further. Though I used latest clover 4359 for USB Clover_v2.4k_r4359.RM-4506.7036cf0a now I have a wallpaper of a mountain and clover version number 3193 from 2015 as written while you need at least 3330 for the config.plist. If I click the big apple logo circle in the middle "Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra" does go onto an apple logo screen where nothing happens. The normal behaviour would be let me install further on the formatted system partition I created before. Anyway it does go in verbose mode but gives an error "OsxAptipFixDrv: Error requested memory exceeds our relocated allocation block Requested mem C7B000-587FFFF" then "Reloc: block can handle mem requests 0-43EFFFF" then "error allocating 0x4x05 pages......." "Error loading kernel cache" Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting" then stays there

This is the hardest, weirdest install I've ever made. Hope you've seen worse :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back