Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hy

listen ...that config ...g3 copy it to your EFI portion that you will see if you mount it with clover. copy that to /EFI/EFI/Clover/and rename it to config.plist. after that is done reboot to see if you are ok

But that config.plist file don't have sm bios.....

if you are ok
open clover configurator select hit up/down button (it's somewhere on the right side at middle in the clover window.

this will reveal mac models ... select one that matches yours. this will generate serial nr and mlb ... and others ids. in RtVariables select use addr0 as rom . run uuidgen in terminal - paste the result to SmUUID in SmBios. save file as dumy.plist

delete Smbios from config.plist copy and paste using plist editor pro SmBios values from dumy to config located on your EFI partition, also copy ROM to RtVariables . At SmBios click trust and mobile in dumy before copying SmBios to config.plist.

clover configurator will populate the wright keys. you do not have to input the manually .

reboot to see if will work

Hi!
Thank you, I've copied the section from post#1 below, however it rather relates to how I can help the process of creating a custom USB SSDT if one is not created yet.

However, here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-USB-9x70.asl is an SSDT created for my laptop. My question is about how to use it. I haven't figured it out yet, and as it is a hotpatch, as far as I know, it has to be written into config.plist.

Found this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Will try, and post results.

"USB customization

There are several USB SSDT includes (build/SSDT-USB*.dsl) provided for a few models. But you will notice that not all models are accounted for. Since USBInjectAll.kext is being used, all ports will be injected for models which lack a custom USB SSDT, but it is optimal to only inject the ports needed.

To assist in creating a new USB SSDT, the following procedure should be followed:

- enable the port limit patch if necessary (XHC 8086:8xxx and 100-series XHC).
(you will find the port limit patch in the config.plist but disabled by default)
- run IORegistryExplorer v2.1 (see "Problem Reporting" below for link)
- plug a USB3 device into each USB port (does not need to be all ports simultaneously)
- plug a USB2 device into each USB port (does not need to be all ports simultaneously)
- go back to the running instance of IORegistryExplorer and save the resulting ioreg file

Reply with an a note regarding your laptop hardware details and the resulting ioreg file. From the data in the ioreg a custom SSDT for your USB ports can be created.

The same procedure can be used if your USB ports/devices are not working (or some of them not working) even if you have a custom USB SSDT. Just boot with kernel flag -uia_ignore_rmcf so that the current custom configuration (for USBInjectAll.kext) is not in effect."

Thank you in advance.

I went ahead, and compiled the SSDT-USB-9x70.asl, putting into /ACPI/patched should do the trick, right? : ) Trying it..

Last edited:
after boot up I`ve downloaded the 12.5 vanilla

DO NOT download AppleHDA.kext from the internet.
Download the latest macOS installer. Create USB according to the guide. Then run the macOS installer.

I went ahead, and compiled the SSDT-USB-9x70.asl, putting into /ACPI/patched should do the trick, right? : ) Trying it..

Wrong.
USB customization is already done for your model.
You get it just with the model specific SSDT installed by install_acpi.sh.
Clover ignores asl files.

Wrong.
USB customization is already done for your model.
You get it just with the model specific SSDT installed by install_acpi.sh.
Clover ignores asl files.

Thank you very much, so downloading SSDT-USB-9x70.asl, compiling it into AML is completely unnecessary, as its content is already in the "main" .aml, the SSDT-9x70.aml. Should have checked.

I've updated a few days ago to your latest repo, and I don't seem to have the USB bug after sleep anymore, but once I do, I shall provide the problem reporting files.

Machine is just working too well atm :D Thanks for all your effort, and the great work you have done, and do for the community.

Ahh... Dont even bother reading : ) Found the answer myself, You have indeed implemented it already, it was just confusing, since I had no files that relate to my laptop in /build.. Confusion gone.. Thank you for your time.

it was just confusing, since I had no files that relate to my laptop in /build..

Of course you do.
What do you think SSDT-2x70.aml is?

Glad your confusion is sorted though.

Of course you do.
What do you think SSDT-2x70.aml is?

Glad your confusion is sorted though.

I thought, that SSDT-USB-9x70.aml should have been in /build (or SSDT-USB-2x70.aml of course, but my main laptop is the 9470 atm), and didn't realise, that it has been implemented in the SSDT-9x70.aml (or in SSDT-2x70.aml respectively).

P.S.: A personal note, I think I do feel the same way, when I think I explain something in a very obvious way, but only later I see, how a minor, important detail was obvious to me, and thought to be common knowledge, is actually very easy to miss, especially since 90% of humans can't even Google properly, not to mention to actually find the result in the search. Good to know that I'm not the only one annoyed by people not being able to watch details. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back