Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

two (newbie) questions. I'm about to buy a 450 g4 and....

1)I searched for a BCM94352Z NGFF adapter but I only found that in China. It will take ages to get here (Italy). Can you suggest some other card that is available in Europe compatible with the said laptop?
2)If I install OSx following this guide and use a wifi usb dongle while waiting for the adapter, will I need to re-install everything when the adapter arrives or just apply some patches?

Thanks in advance

Update to the latest, then provide details on the problem along with "Problem Reporting" files.
Then we'll take a look at what (if anything) can be done.
Hello
@RehabMan
Attached files with no sound issue
Rebooted without caches... rebuild cache rebooted - sound working ... turn off / turn again on after some time - or after plug in the charging cable and no sound. have run prepatch_hda ( I gues this only ads arguments/patch to apple.hda - witch I already had in clover ... and rebuilds caches, wright?), rebooted ... sound comes up again. But after all this ... today I have opened this pc and no sound ... if I restart and boot without caches sound will be working again. do say that I have installed GPG Suite 2017.1b3 for Mail.app.
Thank you for any help

Last edited:
2)If I install OSx following this guide and use a wifi usb dongle while waiting for the adapter, will I need to re-install everything when the adapter arrives or just apply some patches?

Use Ethernet instead of USB WiFi.
If you follow the guide, all patches/kexts already present for BCM94352 regardless of whether the hardware is installed or not.

Hello
@RehabMan
Attached files with no sound issue
Rebooted without caches... rebuild cache rebooted - sound working ... turn off / turn again on after some time - or after plug in the charging cable and no sound. have run prepatch_hda ( I gues this only ads arguments/patch to apple.hda - witch I already had in clover ... and rebuilds caches, wright?), rebooted ... sound comes up again. But after all this ... today I have opened this pc and no sound ... if I restart and boot without caches sound will be working again. do say that I have installed GPG Suite 2017.1b3 for Mail.app.
Thank you for any help

You can see from the kextcache output that AppleHDA has fallen out of cache.
Boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot.
Your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.

You can see from the kextcache output that AppleHDA has fallen out of cache.
Boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot.
Your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.

thank you , why it does fall out of cache?

it is only needed to boot without caches and audio is up again, i did rebuild caches too.

if you mean ioreg missing, how to remove from ioreg smbios data, before uploading?

thank you , why it does fall out of cache?

It is a bit of a mystery.
Usually due to software/kext installs.
Might also happen as you add USB devices, remove them, etc (as that may load/install kexts into cache).

The whole thing can be avoided by installing a completely patched AppleHDA.kext. And although that would have to be redone after each system update, it may be the best way to avoid the entire problem.

if you mean ioreg missing, how to remove from ioreg smbios data, before uploading?

Yes... ioreg.
You can simply change your SMBIOS data to eliminate the serial# (you'll get Clover generated serial# in the ioreg).

The whole thing can be avoided by installing a completely patched AppleHDA.kext. And although that would have to be redone after each system update, it may be the best way to avoid the entire problem.

how would i ever do that?

cause i don't want for this year to update OS anymore, and this (rebooting without caches), it's annoying. will upload ioreg as soon as get home (but inserting other smbios - would that not break imessage?)

thank you

and if you boot without caches why is necessary to rebuild caches (once i booted without caches audio came out and did not rebuild caches and audio sticked in cache)

how would i ever do that?

If you're familiar with shell scripts, look at patch_hda.sh.

but inserting other smbios - would that not break imessage?

I don't care about whether iMessage is working or not when looking at "Problem Reporting" files.

I don't care about whether iMessage is working or not when looking at "Problem Reporting" files.

i meant if insert new smbios , i have to reboot with new smbios so that ioreg "catches" new values?

i know you don t care about i message working.

about shell script do not know anything but will learn.

i know that will have to look at that patch_hda.sh but do not know at what ...

will see if i manage to patch it

if not will be back to ask help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back