Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You @JiteishPrasad most probably did not follow this :

After copying the config.plist from the repo to EFI/Clover/config.plist, you should customize the SMBIOS so you have a unique serial. You can use Clover Configurator to do this (use google to find/download it). DO NOT use Clover Configurator to edit your actual config.plist. Instead edit a "dummy" config.plist to create the SMBIOS data and then use copy/paste with a plist editor (I use Xcode) to copy the SMBIOS section into my active config.plist. Clover Configurator is too buggy and cannot be trusted with edits to your real config.plist. Make sure you use the same SMBIOS model as the original plist used.

And /Or this:

The config.plist you use from the project depends on your hardware. All plist files are located in the ./config folder.
Copy the appropriate plist for your hardware to EFI/Clover/config.plist on your EFI partition.

after doing the above steps use the info from iDiot`s Guide witch translates in:
... log out from iCloud devices that do not correspond (ones that does not work)
.. disconnect from internet
... delete icloud, imessage relaetd files as per guide
... create and inject serials and ID`s with clover to a dummy config.plist file...: let s say you create a new .plist file with clover only for SmBios,
... use a plist editor to copy values (SmBios) from your dummy file to the real one - one from @RehabMan and one that matches your PC, found in ex.: /Users/cosmin/Projects/probook.git/config (*you change your user name), file witch you do not touch only with a plist editor and not with clover, and only to copy Smbios values.
... this „modified with plist editor” file you will rename as config.plist and copy it to EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER and by this you will replace you old config.plist witch you`l find in here (/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist).
... reboot
... reconect to net
.. log in icloud
... open App Store

this should work, and let me know if it did
thanks

Last edited:
Has anyone here got a HP EliteBook 850 G4 that they have hacked together? Any big issues you encountered? I'm looking at this unit as I need a laptop that can have up to 32GB RAM. I'm look at the
model with the Intel Core i5-7200U processor and Intel HD Graphics 620. any issues with these specs on this unit. I've been super happy how my HP Probook 450 G2 turned out. BUt now need a more powerful unit and would like to follow this guide again as was really clear to troubleshoot and fix.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hello,
Dual screen was working perfectly since this morning. When i plug my display port adapter to hdmi, i have a screen flash on my laptop and nothing is displayed on the external monitor.
How to fix this ? thanks

Attachments

• elitebook8460p.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
Hello,
Dual screen was working perfectly since this morning. When i plug my display port adapter to hdmi, i have a screen flash on my laptop and nothing is displayed on the external monitor.
How to fix this ? thanks

Need clarification on your hardware configuration.
Laptop has DP, right?
Monitor is HDMI only?
You're using a DP->HDMI cable to connect the HDMI monitor to the DP port on your laptop?
What is the make/model of the monitor?

Notes/questions:
- your ioreg shows the serial port enabled (as per post #1, should be disabled)
- it also shows Firewire enabled (as per post #1, should be disabled)
- you might try removing Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (they are not needed for your hardware, and should do nothing, but maybe that is not the case)
- your ioreg shows no external monitor connected (attach ioreg with external monitor connected)
- what happens with DP->DP?
- is BIOS up-to-date
- you have Sierra, but why is it not 10.12.6?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Need clarification on your hardware configuration.
Laptop has DP, right?
Monitor is HDMI only?
You're using a DP->HDMI cable to connect the HDMI monitor to the DP port on your laptop?
What is the make/model of the monitor?

Notes/questions:
- your ioreg shows the serial port enabled (as per post #1, should be disabled)
- it also shows Firewire enabled (as per post #1, should be disabled)
- you might try removing Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (they are not needed for your hardware, and should do nothing, but maybe that is not the case)
- your ioreg shows no external monitor connected (attach ioreg with external monitor connected)
- what happens with DP->DP?
- is BIOS up-to-date
- you have Sierra, but why is it not 10.12.6?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Thanks.
I did what you asked but nothing changed...

My laptop has display port.
Yes, I am using an adaptator dp to hdmi.
Monitor model : LG Flatron W2253V
I can't try DP->DP since my monitor doesn't allow dp port.
I had 10.12.6 before but then the backlight wasn't working anymore and my laptop was so slower, so i reinstalled everything from scratch and i will stay with this version.
I downloaded mac os from the App Store.
I create the usb installer on the same laptop.

But the thing is, it was always working before, and when i reinstalled everything, it's not working anymore.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back