Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I was never able to narrow down to exact steps that trigger it.

I have the latest bios and latest github repo (looks like it has already been updated to BATT-G4), I hit F4 at boot. I tried to reproduce any odd sleep behavior and it is working fine right now.

So your problem is intermittent and not reproducible currently...
Which seems a bit different from what @philip_petev is reporting.

Does anyone on here have any problems with instant reboot after sleep after rebooting from Windows 10 back into macOS. The funny Ethernet problem is also caused by rebooting out of Windows 10. Doing a EC Reset seems to fix this until i boot back into Windows 10.

Last edited:
I removed the US one for 10.12 when I noticed it seemed to have no effect for me.
Of course, you live in US after all. Why whould you need to change the US locale with... US? I don't understand why they have set the US locale by default for generic/unknown wireless cards. Maybe because the FCC locales are the most restrictive ones...

Of course, you live in US after all. Why whould you need to change the US locale with... US? I don't understand why they have set the US locale by default for generic/unknown wireless cards. Maybe because the FCC locales are the most restrictive ones...

I don't know why the 5ghz/US patch was needed prior to 10.12. We just know that it is needed.
FYI: 5ghz BCM4352 working on 10.13 without 5hgz patch/without fcvo patch.

BTW, if someone wants to submit some common non-US patches (with correct MatchOS/etc) as a well documented/clean pull request, I will bring such content into the repo (disabled by default, of course).

Last edited:
Is there a guide for installing 10.12 on HP Probooks? I've got a HP Probook g2 450. I installed 10.11 on it and it worked great. But then went back to just running W109 on the unit. But I'm keen to try hack it again with 10.12, but can't seem to find a guide on it like there was for 10.11. Are these units able to support 10.12 on them? Much appreciated?

Is there a guide for installing 10.12 on HP Probooks? I've got a HP Probook g2 450. I installed 10.11 on it and it worked great. But then went back to just running W109 on the unit. But I'm keen to try hack it again with 10.12, but can't seem to find a guide on it like there was for 10.11. Are these units able to support 10.12 on them? Much appreciated?

Read post #1.

Thanks ReHab,

So where it says in post #1:

Note: For Broadwell and Skylake hardware, you must install 10.11. Broadwell support in 10.10 is not stable (previous versions no Broadwell support). And Skylake support was only introduced in 10.11 (.?), and only stable enough for use in 10.11.4.

Does that mean my Hp ProBook with a Broadwell chip isn't supported on 10.12, or that Skylake chipsets only work on 10.12. Sorry I might be mis-reading this line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back