Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one more thing: sleep doesn't fully work the first time. When I use the sleep commands, the laptop starts the sleep procedure, but wakes up immediately. The second sleep attempt is successful though. In both cases closing the lid doesn't put the laptop in sleep mode, the display turns off, but the keyboard lights continue to lit for indefinite time.

Did you forget to disable "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB" in BIOS.

Both are disabled. The recommended settings from post 1 are all set from day 1.
Look at my previous post, just added more outputs.

Check for instant wake and "wake reason" in your kernel logs.
I wonder if it has to do with unsupported bluetooth/WiFi still installed.

Hi :)

I just tried to install Sierra using this guide. Works great, thank you!

There are two minor issues:
1) audio jack does not work (tested with both layouts 5 and 7)
2) battery is also 0% even if it is fully charged.

Earlier in El Capitan battery indicator worked for me as expected. But in Sierra it is equal to zero all the time.

(Report is attached)

Attachments

• Sierra-10.12.6.zip
    2 MB · Views: 83
Hi :)

I just tried to install Sierra using this guide. Works great, thank you!

There are two minor issues:
1) audio jack does not work (tested with both layouts 5 and 7)
2) battery is also 0% even if it is fully charged.

Earlier in El Capitan battery indicator worked for me as expected. But in Sierra it is equal to zero all the time.

(Report is attached)

Check that your BIOS is up-to-date.
Also, do EC reset.

Last edited:
I could remove it, it will be replaced anyway when my BCM4352Z card arrive. Will try and report.

I tend to think it is that, or a BIOS setting issue.
No other reports of the same issue.

Check that your BIOS is up-to-date.
Also, do EC reset.
Now battery indicator works for me. Thank you very much!
I updated BIOS from v1.15 to v1.17.

I tend to think it is that, or a BIOS setting issue.
No other reports of the same issue.
Removed the card and now the laptop goes to sleep normally without instant wake, but the lid still doesn't behave normal. Sometimes it puts the laptop to sleep, sometimes after 20-30 seconds instead of sleeping the default notification sound start to ring like crazy, just like someone hits the keyboard constantly and the display backlight goes completely off. In order to reboot, I usually hold down the power button for 3 seconds and then hit the Enter key to shut the laptop down.
Maybe I should reinstall macOS, now that I have compete EFI folder.

Removed the card and now the laptop goes to sleep normally without instant wake, but the lid still doesn't behave normal. Sometimes it puts the laptop to sleep, sometimes after 20-30 seconds instead of sleeping the default notification sound start to ring like crazy, just like someone hits the keyboard constantly and the display backlight goes completely off. In order to reboot, I usually hold down the power button for 3 seconds and then hit the Enter key to shut the laptop down.
Maybe I should reinstall macOS, now that I have compete EFI folder.

EC reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back