Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went ahead and pushed to both beta and master branches.

One thing interesting: You didn't need -disablegfxfirmware kernel flag.
Updated but I have observed some changes with the keyboard to increase/reduce brightness or volume I have to keys together with fn key

Updated but I have observed some changes with the keyboard to increase/reduce brightness or volume I have to keys together with fn key

We changed it to assume the opposite BIOS option.
So, it now follows Windows behavior.... I think (I don't have the laptop to test).
(I should probably make a note in post #1).

Enter the BIOS, find the "Launch Hotkeys without Fn keypress" setting, enable it and that should do it.

Yeah... whether this is the right default setup really depends on how people like to set that option for Windows.
I would probably set it "without Fn keypress".
I think you can also swap the fnkey setting with Karabiner Elements (since the option was removed from SysPrefs->Keyboard).

We changed it to assume the opposite BIOS option.
So, it now follows Windows behavior.... I think (I don't have the laptop to test).
(I should probably make a note in post #1).
Thanks changed Bios settings now its working without keying fn key

Thanks changed Bios settings now its working without keying fn key

I changed post #1 to reflect new recommended BIOS settings.

I assume with this setup, you have media keys on both Windows and macOS without pressing Fn.
Please advise if that is not the case.

I changed post #1 to reflect new recommended BIOS settings.

I assume with this setup, you have media keys on both Windows and macOS without pressing Fn.
Please advise if that is not the case.
Yeah,Its working on both Windows and macOS without pressing FN. Also change 'known' problems HDMI audio Kabylake is now working.

More info regarding the BIOS settings on all Sky Lake and Kaby Lake models
the "Launch Hotkeys without Fn keypress" setting is described at page 37

@RehabMan found another issue, not sure if it's been discussed before. Closing the lid doesn't put the laptop in sleep mode and also breaks any further attempt for sleep with the other methods (the two manual and the auto-sleep function). If I put the laptop to sleep the manual way or using the auto-sleep function, then close and open the lid, the laptop wakes up correctly and can be put in sleep mode again.
Do you need anything else except the "Problem reporting" data?

Attachments

• ProBook430.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back