Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@antonio765

Hi,
I'm also trying to figure out things with a Probook G3. I have looked into your Clover.zip and in ACPI/Patched, beside the 3 files from Rehabman's git, there is also a SSDT.aml. Can you please let me know what is it for?

Thank you.

Just follow post #1 as written.

so here is the SSDT, it works Fine :thumbup:
HP Probook 470G0

Please add comments to the file indicating locations of each port.
You will see examples in the USB SSDTs already in the ProBook repo.

Hello.
I have the same problem as RurouniX (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-681#post-1548875).
History of the problem: I was on 10.11.3 with PBI-CE, then transit to hotpatch yesterday, then upgrade to 10.11.6, all according the guide in post#1 of this topic.Today I updated Clover to last version (4128) and downloaded Sierra from AppStore (10.12.6). I start instalation of Sierra, after reboot and waiting loading with black screen and Apple logo I get the same screen as RurouniX (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-681#post-1548875). There is no reaction on mouse or keyboard, only hard reset helps to boot back on El Capitan. If I boot to installing of Sierra, I get that white screen with loading mouse on top left corner again.
Can anyone please helps me figure out of this problem?
Problem reporting files in attachments.
EDIT: later I noticed that usb-mouse can move loading cursor from left top corner anywhere on the screen, instead of laptop touchpad. Maybe it helps to understand what wrong, I don't know.

The EFI/Clover you attached is not appropriate for booting the installer.
Read the guide carefully.
Post install is different from pre-install.

Okay, but i'm trying to make major update from 10.11.6 to 10.12.6 and in the guide in the section about major updates it's not said about pre-install. Link to my first post with problem: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-683#post-1551097

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
No idea why you expect to boot macOS without FakeSMC/etc.
You really need to read post #1 and the related Clover laptop guide for correct EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Thank you, the reason really was in the files from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Now I know why it was empty. Both RuroniX and I transit from PBI-CE, which did not put any files into the folder, because it's post-install phase and they do not need.
Section about transition from PBI-CE based install affects only the post-installation process, but putting the files in the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder is part of the pre-install process.
You may need to make a note in the section about transition or in the section about major updates that users who transited from the PBI-CE and who perform the major update should pay attention to the fact that the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder is empty and the kext should be placed in it?
Thank you once again for this guide and all the work done.

but putting the files in the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder is part of the pre-install process.

No.
A different config.plist is used pre-install that does not require the files in ACPI/patched.

It is a huge mistake to mix pre-install config.plist with post-install ACPI/patched, or the opposite, post-install config.plist with pre-install ACPI/patched (empty).

And your main problem was that you were not injecting FakeSMC.kext but were trying to boot the installer (which, of course, has no FakeSMC.kext installed).

Thanks for the awesome guide Rehabman.

My Hp Elitebook 840 G1 is running great with one exception. There's a frequent screen flickering. I can't figure out what I've done wrong. Help would be appreciated. I'm in over my head at this point. :/

Files attached ( I hope I got everything needed in there)

Attachments

• roachboy14 hackintosh troubleshooting files.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
Thanks for the awesome guide Rehabman.

My Hp Elitebook 840 G1 is running great with one exception. There's a frequent screen flickering. I can't figure out what I've done wrong. Help would be appreciated. I'm in over my head at this point. :/

Files attached ( I hope I got everything needed in there)

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (no ioreg).
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (no ioreg).
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.
Whoops. Forgot to add that into the folder. My apologies. Fixed now.

Attachments

• roachboy14 hackintosh troubleshooting files.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 129
Whoops. Forgot to add that into the folder. My apologies. Fixed now.

From ioreg, graphics setup looks fine.
What kind of flickering are you referring to?
Check BIOS settings.
What is "output.text" all about? It does not seem related to ProBook and this thread.

I notice you're running Yosemite... From where did you download Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back