Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From ioreg, graphics setup looks fine.
What kind of flickering are you referring to?
Check BIOS settings.
What is "output.text" all about? It does not seem related to ProBook and this thread.

I notice you're running Yosemite... From where did you download Yosemite?
The flickering is a quick "ghosting" (example: I'll see a duplicate tabs bar from my browser flashing for a split second a third of the way down the page.)

What should I be looking for in the BIOS settings?

The Yosemite was downloaded from a previous purchase on my iMac from the app store.

What should I be looking for in the BIOS settings?

Check setting for DMVT-prealloc (IGPU preallocated memory). 0xa260006 ig-platform-id assumes 32mb.

The Yosemite was downloaded from a previous purchase on my iMac from the app store.

You might consider updating at least to 10.11, as that's what this guide is for...

Check setting for DMVT-prealloc (IGPU preallocated memory). 0xa260006 ig-platform-id assumes 32mb.

You might consider updating at least to 10.11, as that's what this guide is for...
Was set at 32mb...tried changing that setting. No difference.

Will try updating to 10.11 and see what happens.

Thanks again for your help Rehabman

Was set at 32mb...tried changing that setting. No difference.

Will try updating to 10.11 and see what happens.

Thanks again for your help Rehabman

Note that your profile is incorrect. Your display is 1600x900 not 1344x756.

I extracted your EDID from ioreg and decoded it:
Code:
Extracted contents:
header:          00 ff ff ff ff ff ff 00
serial number:   4c 83 4e 48 00 00 00 00 00 16
version:         01 04
basic params:    90 1f 11 78 0a
chroma info:     35 05 94 5b 58 8f 2a 22 50 54
established:     00 00 00
standard:        01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01
descriptor 1:    a4 2e 40 1c 62 84 1e 30 30 20 25 00 35 ae 10 00 00 19
descriptor 2:    19 1f 40 1c 62 84 1e 30 30 20 25 00 35 ae 10 00 00 19
descriptor 3:    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
descriptor 4:    00 00 00 02 00 0c 3d ff 0c 3c 7d 20 0f 24 7d 00 00 00
extensions:      00
checksum:        29

Manufacturer: SDC Model 484e Serial Number 0
Made week 0 of 2012
EDID version: 1.4
Digital display
6 bits per primary color channel
Digital interface is not defined
Maximum image size: 31 cm x 17 cm
Gamma: 2.20
Supported color formats: RGB 4:4:4, YCrCb 4:4:4
First detailed timing is preferred timing
Established timings supported:
Standard timings supported:
Detailed mode: Clock 119.400 MHz, 309 mm x 174 mm
               1600 1648 1680 2140 hborder 0
                900  902  907  930 vborder 0
               -hsync -vsync 
Detailed mode: Clock 79.610 MHz, 309 mm x 174 mm
               1600 1648 1680 2140 hborder 0
                900  902  907  930 vborder 0
               -hsync -vsync 
Manufacturer-specified data, tag 0
Manufacturer-specified data, tag 2
Checksum: 0x29 (valid)
EDID block does NOT conform to EDID 1.3!
    Missing name descriptor
    Missing monitor ranges

Please fix your profile.

Rehabman-

Thank you for all of the guides and work you've put into making Hackintoshes available to the masses. And thanks in advance for your help with my issue.

I have Sierra loaded on my 840 G3, and have been trying to get my BCM94352Z (Lenovo flavor- if that matters) to work properly. I can connect to my local wifi and it works, but the best it can manage for speed is like dial up. I spent a couple of days tinkering with my previous install of Sierra on it before finally deciding it had to be something with the install, so I wiped it last night and rebuilt from scratch. Problem is, my wireless speed is still like using dial up.

Attached are the requested problem reporting files. I have a unique issue with the built in ethernet on this laptop that may be related to this wifi issue. The ethernet runs great, and at normal speeds. The thing is, for ethernet to work I must boot the laptop with the ethernet cable connected if I want to use it. If I disconnect and reconnect the ethernet after it has been booted (and working) OR if I connect the cable after the laptop has booted it will never obtain an IP address. The symptoms I see as I observe SysPrefs->Network as it obtains an IP is it will report the ethernet as connected but no IP, it then appears to reset and says the ethernet is disconnected, then goes back to ethernet connected but no IP. It will sit in this loop infinitely. If I reboot the laptop and don't change any physical connections it will work. My laptop has the I5-6300U processor which should mean it has the I219-V ethernet card. I'm running your IntelMausiEthernet kext.

I'm sure this problem is the result of something stupid I've done. Thanks for your time reviewing my wall of text and attached files.

Attachments

• shikaka problem reporting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 53
Rehabman-

Thank you for all of the guides and work you've put into making Hackintoshes available to the masses. And thanks in advance for your help with my issue.

I have Sierra loaded on my 840 G3, and have been trying to get my BCM94352Z (Lenovo flavor- if that matters) to work properly. I can connect to my local wifi and it works, but the best it can manage for speed is like dial up. I spent a couple of days tinkering with my previous install of Sierra on it before finally deciding it had to be something with the install, so I wiped it last night and rebuilt from scratch. Problem is, my wireless speed is still like using dial up.

Attached are the requested problem reporting files. I have a unique issue with the built in ethernet on this laptop that may be related to this wifi issue. The ethernet runs great, and at normal speeds. The thing is, for ethernet to work I must boot the laptop with the ethernet cable connected if I want to use it. If I disconnect and reconnect the ethernet after it has been booted (and working) OR if I connect the cable after the laptop has booted it will never obtain an IP address. The symptoms I see as I observe SysPrefs->Network as it obtains an IP is it will report the ethernet as connected but no IP, it then appears to reset and says the ethernet is disconnected, then goes back to ethernet connected but no IP. It will sit in this loop infinitely. If I reboot the laptop and don't change any physical connections it will work. My laptop has the I5-6300U processor which should mean it has the I219-V ethernet card. I'm running your IntelMausiEthernet kext.

I'm sure this problem is the result of something stupid I've done. Thanks for your time reviewing my wall of text and attached files.

Ethernet and WiFi are separate devices, separate problems...

For Ethernet, you might try the latest IntelMausiEthernet.kext from Mieze. I haven't updated my build in a while...
For WiFi, check your antenna connections.

Ethernet and WiFi are separate devices, separate problems...

For Ethernet, you might try the latest IntelMausiEthernet.kext from Mieze. I haven't updated my build in a while...
For WiFi, check your antenna connections.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if they shared any components.

The antenna connections are set properly. I've tried them flip-flopped and have the same experience.

Everything from a software perspective look proper with my config?

Everything from a software perspective look proper with my config?

You should check that you have the latest kexts. Easy to do by running download.sh and install_downloads.sh as per post #1.
And if you're not in North America, you should check that you have the correct WiFI patch for your region.
Don't forget to disable "Wake for network" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.
And check your BIOS settings to be certain any "network stack" options are disabled.

That is something you should have done before posting...

From ioreg, things look fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back