Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Jeroens MacBook Pro.zip
    674.5 KB · Views: 75
Is there an issue?
Sorry for my English. As you can see in the video file attached to my previous message, there is the issue: macOS High Sierra does not boot.

Please attach "Problem Reporting" files for verification.
Then I can decide how to integrate these changes into the github repo.
Here are verification files

Attachments

• AppleHDA.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 82
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
  • kextcache.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 77
  • kextstat.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 81
  • KUL’s MacBook Air.zip
    610.5 KB · Views: 74
  • RehabMan.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 83
OK. I replaced the config file with the recommended one. Looks like High Sierra can not boot now. I attached a video and updated report.

Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext need -lilubeta and -intelgfxbeta kernel flags when using unsupported/beta systems.
I don't see them in your config.plist.

Hello.
I have the same problem as RurouniX (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-681#post-1548875).
History of the problem: I was on 10.11.3 with PBI-CE, then transit to hotpatch yesterday, then upgrade to 10.11.6, all according the guide in post#1 of this topic.Today I updated Clover to last version (4128) and downloaded Sierra from AppStore (10.12.6). I start instalation of Sierra, after reboot and waiting loading with black screen and Apple logo I get the same screen as RurouniX (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-681#post-1548875). There is no reaction on mouse or keyboard, only hard reset helps to boot back on El Capitan. If I boot to installing of Sierra, I get that white screen with loading mouse on top left corner again.
Can anyone please helps me figure out of this problem?
Problem reporting files in attachments.
EDIT: later I noticed that usb-mouse can move loading cursor from left top corner anywhere on the screen, instead of laptop touchpad. Maybe it helps to understand what wrong, I don't know.

Okay, but i'm trying to make major update from 10.11.6 to 10.12.6 and in the guide in the section about major updates it's not said about pre-install. Link to my first post with problem: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-683#post-1551097

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
No idea why you expect to boot macOS without FakeSMC/etc.
You really need to read post #1 and the related Clover laptop guide for correct EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Hey, I want to try this on my 2170P (i5 3427U, 320GB HDD WD Black) but i don't have the correct wifi card. Can i try this out using the Ethernet port? And if lets say i want to stay with it, can i just switch the wifi cards out without having to redo the whole process?

Thanks

See post #1, "USB customization".
It hasn't been done for your model yet.
ok here is an IOReg can you create me an USB-SSDT ?
Its an HP Probook 470G0

Attachments

• Jeroens MacBook Pro.zip
    738.2 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back