Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Now it work with layout-id = 5. (before it was 7).

I added a note in post #1 regarding CX20724 layout-id selection.
No idea why layout-id 7 works for some, but not others (and vice-versa).

Good day ladies and gentlemen I just want to report success with my Probook 450 G2 Broadwell i5 on the latest build of sierra 10.12.4 where even usb 3 is 100% working. I followed RehabMan's hot patch guide and to my surprise for the usb 3 to work I had to remove all the usb work around kexts and patches, which I can say almost native. The only issue is with the display brightness, which I can't adjust at the moment. Thank you RehabMan

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 17.49.27.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 17.49.27.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 147
Good day ladies and gentlemen I just want to report success with my Probook 450 G2 Broadwell i5 on the latest build of sierra 10.12.4 where even usb 3 is 100% working. I followed RehabMan's hot patch guide and to my surprise for the usb 3 to work I had to remove all the usb work around kexts and patches, which I can say almost native. The only issue is with the display brightness, which I can't adjust at the moment. Thank you RehabMan

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I added a note in post #1 regarding CX20724 layout-id selection.
No idea why layout-id 7 works for some, but not others (and vice-versa).
with layout-id 7 for CX20724 (HP 470G3), works only speakers but not 3.5-jack. With layout-id 5 now working and speakers and jack with autodetect.
Thanks for help. Very fast and competent reply.

hello

mr. RehabMan please advise how to disable intelmausi kext from System so that it would not load. the purpose of this is to have Wifi as en0.

ir if it is another way to achiev this please advise. thank you

hello

mr. RehabMan please advise how to disable intelmausi kext from System so that it would not load. the purpose of this is to have Wifi as en0.

ir if it is another way to achiev this please advise. thank you

You could disable it in BIOS.

true! did not thought. deleted the kezt from SLE. and have now wifi as en0 but still no imessage working :(.
getting that customer code. never been able to make it work.

know that rhis is not the corect thread but no thread that i read could not point me to make it work.

thank you

although i created a correct config.plist using a dummy file then used xcode to copy only smbios over your config still not been able to log in to imessage.

maibe you can point me to a thread other than the one on first post... to make imessage work.

thank you

I'm using Rehabman's excellent guide for
HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)
to build a 17 inch Hackintosh laptop with an HP Envy DV7-7212nr. The guide is great and allows for complete customization throughout the install. A question that I have is; if you can successfully install Sierra using Unibeast and Multibeast then tweak the kexts and config plist afterward?

I'm using Rehabman's excellent guide for
HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)
to build a 17 inch Hackintosh laptop with an HP Envy DV7-7212nr. The guide is great and allows for complete customization throughout the install. A question that I have is; if you can successfully install Sierra using Unibeast and Multibeast then tweak the kexts and config plist afterward?

yes u can. but why using unibeast and multibeast when clover is one single aplication that does it well . bootig it has nothing to do with configure using hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back