Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you RehabMan for your installation guides.

I installed 10.11 onto an HP EliteBook 8570p using the guide: HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Most everything seems to work well having used: ./install_acpi.sh install_8x70_hires and config_8x70p.plist.

If I could please get guidance with three issues:

1) I have no usb3 ports working. I only have one usb2 port working, along with the combo eSATA/usb2 port. What do I have to do to get the USB3 ports working?

2) The only resolution choice I have is 1024x768 and “scaled”. Alternating them in the control panel does nothing. But, the native resolution for my screen is 1920x1080. I have changed it in the .plist, but that didn’t help. What do I have to do to get the 1920x1080 resolution?

3) Screen brightness doesn’t work. What is the latest and greatest solution for that?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Are there any fixes for sound on Sierra yet? Because booting without caches does nothing on Sierra.

This is the same P vs. T profile problem. No real solution yet. Use IntelBacklight.kext + Brightness by bergdesign until a solution can be worked out. Read the AppleBacklightInjector thread/guide for more info.
ok, thanks for your reply, then the only solution is make the standard installation and install Brightness by bergdesign, right?

Are there any fixes for sound on Sierra yet? Because booting without caches does nothing on Sierra.

Read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".
And if you have an issue, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

ok, thanks for your reply, then the only solution is make the standard installation and install Brightness by bergdesign, right?

There is progress with the P vs. T issue (you should read the thread).
But it is a jumbled mess at the moment due to incorrect assumptions, bad "Problem Reporting" practices, etc.
I will update the guide when I have a solution for the P profile problem.

As for your question, I thought the interim solution was very clear in my previous reply...

@RehabMan did you manage to get 440 g4?? If you did have you done any tests? Thanks

I have it here and have working brightness on 10.12.4 (update from repo, report result).
Will be looking at a few more issues I noticed... (as time with the laptop allows).

I have it here and have working brightness on 10.12.4 (update from repo, report result).
Will be looking at a few more issues I noticed... (as time with the laptop allows).
thanks downgraded to 10.12.3 with 10.12.4 i had some issues, will update test and report back with results

Are those fixes on the beta branch ?

Never mind, I just tried the beta branch and I still have very light brightness.

Last edited:
Are those fixes on the beta branch ?

Never mind, I just tried the beta branch and I still have very light brightness.

You must insure you have up-to-date files. Lots of changes to the beta branch today.
And all queries must be accompanied by "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back