Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should use the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext provided by the OS X installer.
No further ideas...
Your issue may be a problem specific to your display panel (no other reports of the same issue).

Hi,

It is working properly in other OSs (windows, linux...), I do not think it is my HW.

I found a Mac in the same SW release level, and compared all the kexts. (attached). Do you see something unusual ?

Btw, I do not have /EFI folder, in order to make sure that Clover Installer only modifies /Volumes/EFI/EFI folder.

can you suggest any other idea, as slim as it might seem ? (for instance, patching the kexts instead of using FakePCIID.kext).

Thanks !

Attachments

• LE.diff_jenny.txt
    28.2 KB · Views: 144
  • SLE.diff_jenny.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
How does `AirPortBrcm4360.kext' coperate with ACPICA (OS Service Layer)?

AirPortBrcm4360.kext fail on DW1820A may be depends on ACPICA.

Is your `org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist' correctly?
Code:
    <key>Program</key>
    <string>/usr/bin/VoodooPS2Daemon</string>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
        <string>--startupDelay</string>
        <string>1000000</string>
        <string>--notificationDelay</string>
        <string>20000</string>
    </array>
Code:
$ sudo launchctl list |grep org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon
6259    0    org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon
$ ps aux |grep start
root             6259   0.0  0.0  2462564   1176   ??  Ss    6:43下午   0:00.01 --startupDelay 1000000 --notificationDelay 20000

Last edited:
Hey guys, my 4540s install went well following this guide apart from the sound. After re running the ./install_downloads.sh i get an error saying "the system extension /Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.Please try reinstalling it or contact vendor for an update.
I have rerun this a few times with the same issues.

Can anyone help with this please ?

It is working properly in other OSs (windows, linux...), I do not think it is my HW.

I'm suggesting an incompatibility between macOS and your specific display. It is not unheard of.

I found a Mac in the same SW release level, and compared all the kexts. (attached). Do you see something unusual ?

No idea why you have differences in AppleKextExcludeList (perhaps you mistakenly used KextUtility to rebuild cache?)

Btw, I do not have /EFI folder, in order to make sure that Clover Installer only modifies /Volumes/EFI/EFI folder.

The Clover installer will always install to the EFI folder if you choose the correct options.

can you suggest any other idea, as slim as it might seem ? (for instance, patching the kexts instead of using FakePCIID.kext).

No other ideas.

How does `AirPortBrcm4360.kext' coperate with ACPICA (OS Service Layer)?

AirPortBrcm4360.kext fail on DW1820A may be depends on ACPICA.

Use a different WiFI card. Problems with that card are widespread... not recommended.

Is your `org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist' correctly?

No idea what you're asking.

Hey guys, my 4540s install went well following this guide apart from the sound. After re running the ./install_downloads.sh i get an error saying "the system extension /Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.Please try reinstalling it or contact vendor for an update.
I have rerun this a few times with the same issues.

Can anyone help with this please ?

This guide does not use VoodooHDA.kext.
Start over.
Follow the guide in post #1 as written.

Here is my problem report files. Please have a look at it.
Problem:
1. Audio missing randomly.
2. USB Mouse won't work after Sleep
Thank you very much.

Hi zerking,

Is external mic working on your device as LineIn? Do you have input level, when you speak through external mic?

Hi,

Thanks !
Hi Rehabman,

Some update.

I replaced config.plist with the file " config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist" from the generic installation, and the result is different:
- 1600x900, and no flicker !
- Garbling at boot and Garbling in Google Chrome (the rest seems to work).

I prefer the new situation, at least the PC is usable as the flicker disappeared.

Does this give you ideas ?

Attached the error report.

Thanks !

Attachments

• Package.zip
    2 MB · Views: 84
Hi Rehabman,

Some update.

I replaced config.plist with the file " config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist" from the generic installation, and the result is different:
- 1600x900, and no flicker !
- Garbling at boot and Garbling in Google Chrome (the rest seems to work).

I prefer the new situation, at least the PC is usable as the flicker disappeared.

Does this give you ideas ?

Attached the error report.

Thanks !

Remove or disable "graphics glitch fix" from recommended plist. Test.

Note: Your ioreg shows broken QE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back