Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan when i boot using -v there are some ACPI Errors am unable to know exactly which they are coz the process is moving very fast is there away i can slow it down so as to check them out ??

Fixed wireless card
Laptop#0: HP EliteBook 850 G3 V1H16UT, i5-6200U Skylake, HD520 1920x1080, Bios 01.13, BCM943602BAED

Couple of problems:
1) First boot screen with apple logo and progress appears to be incorrect resolution (Apple logo is shown below center and almost all the way to the right of the screen ) Once it flashes to the second phase it displays perfectly. If I boot and choose file from bios and navigate to EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi the resolution is fine. so now I think my clover settings are still a little borked from ubuntu.

2) I did a time machine restore from my probook 650 G1 and choose application and user files and now the machine acts like it is crippled most of the time the best disk io I see copy a file from one dir to another is 500kB/s (using rsync) Spotlight does not appear to be running at the same time slowness is noticed.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    71.7 KB · Views: 77
  • clover.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • ioreg.zip
    670.9 KB · Views: 110
  • kextstat.txt.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Couple of problems:
1) First boot screen with apple logo and progress appears to be incorrect resolution (Apple logo is shown below center and almost all the way to the right of the screen ) Once it flashes to the second phase it displays perfectly.

Experiment with ScreenResolution setting in Clover.
But probably just something you have to live with due to limited VESA resolutions provided by BIOS.

2) I did a time machine restore from my probook 650 G1 and choose application and user files and now the machine acts like it is crippled most of the time the best disk io I see copy a file from one dir to another is 500kB/s (using rsync) Spotlight does not appear to be running at the same time slowness is noticed.

Don't use Time Machine restore from another machine... You will end up restoring kexts that you don't want to restore...
Copy your data files manually (after a fresh install), install applications, set your preferred settings.

Use a different WiFI card. Problems with that card are widespread... not recommended.
No idea what you're asking.
VoodooPS2Daemon not started.

Hi zerking,

Is external mic working on your device as LineIn? Do you have input level, when you speak through external mic?

Nope, it's working as external, but when I plug iPhone ear-bug in the mic switch to line-in and external mic disappeared until I unplug the headphone. And yes, I do have input level. I'll capture the screenshot later just so you can see. I'm at the office when replying this message.

Experiment with ScreenResolution setting in Clover.
But probably just something you have to live with due to limited VESA resolutions provided by BIOS.

If I boot and choose file from bios and navigate to EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi the resolution is fine. so now I think my clover settings are still a little borked from ubuntu. When I repaired it using efibootmgr i set it to "EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi" but I suspect it has to do with the wrong partition being used.

Don't use Time Machine restore from another machine... You will end up restoring kexts that you don't want to restore...
Copy your data files manually (after a fresh install), install applications, set your preferred settings.

So is there an easy way to determine what can be deleted?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I boot and choose file from bios and navigate to EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi the resolution is fine. so now I think my clover settings are still a little borked from ubuntu. When I repaired it using efibootmgr i set it to "EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi" but I suspect it has to do with the wrong partition being used.

Sounds like you mistakenly enabled "fast boot" in BIOS.

So is there an easy way to determine what can be deleted?

Not sure what you mean. You should not use TimeMachine to restore the files... Do it manually instead.

That patch changes the 0204 connector into an 0306 connector (eliminating the 0204 connector).
Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:fakepciid.git rehabman$ echo -n AgQJAAAEAACHAAAA|base64 --decode|xxd
00000000: 0204 0900 0004 0000 8700 0000            ............
SPEEDY-NUC:fakepciid.git rehabman$ echo -n AwYDAAAEAACHAAAA|base64 --decode|xxd
00000000: 0306 0300 0004 0000 8700 0000            ............

Probably better to add the additional connector instead of removing one you may need.

Guessing that something like this might work:
Find: FF00 0000 0100 0000 4000 0000
Replace: 0306 0300 0004 0000 8700 0000

Hello RehabMan,

with the Patch
Find: FF00 0000 0100 0000 4000 0000
Replace: 0306 0300 0004 0000 8700 0000

make the DVI on the DockingStation unused and don´t enabled the side DP on the ProBook.
only the DP on the DockingStation work
-----------------------------------------
but with this Patch

Find: 02040900 00040000 87000000
Replace: 03060300 00040000 87000000
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

make enabled the DP (ProBook) on the side with Hotplug perfect.

and the Monitors with construction Monitor1 on DPtoHDMI @DockingStation and Monitor2 on DPtoHDMI @probook650G1 work too at the same time

only the DVI Port on DockingStation is now complete unused after load the 02040900 Patch.

Now we need something to enabled the DVI Port on the Dockingstation to used the construction:

1. Monitor1 on DPtoHDMI @DockingStation and Monitor2 on DVItoHDMI @DockingStation same time

2. ProBook stand alone only with working DP (ProBook) on the side with Hotplug.

Attachments

• IOREG.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back