Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. In this case, I haven't used that script. I simply reboot without cache and rebuild cache.
2. That's exactly the problem I have, the usb port reports that the Usb mouse is there, but the mouse is not moving.

Last edited:
1. In this case, I haven't used that script. I simply reboot without cache and rebuild cache.

Read about pre-patch_hda.sh

2. That's exactly the problem I have, the usb port reports that the Usb mouse is there, but the mouse is not moving.

Could be device specific. Test with a different mouse.

So, just a quick question before attempting to use pre-patch-hda

If I use the config provided in your guide, there should be no problem at all, is it right? as in my case, it's 8x0s G2 Broadwell.plist?

Continue to search how to disable fast boot. You probably need to set or clear a password or something. Try reset to defaults, make sure BIOS is current. It is between you and your BIOS...
Hi RehabMan,

I resetted the Bios and Bios Security Settings, and was able to uncheck "Fastboot". After configuring and booting, the issue is still present.
Attached the updated Problem Report package. The GPU is correctly detected (HD 4400, 1536 MB), and QE/CI is working.
Shall I try a different AppleintelFrameBufferAzul injection (I do not care about connecting external monitors), or different driver version (currently 10.1.4)?

Thanks !

Attachments

• Package.zip
    2 MB · Views: 80
So, just a quick question before attempting to use pre-patch-hda

If I use the config provided in your guide, there should be no problem at all, is it right? as in my case, it's 8x0s G2 Broadwell.plist?

According to your profile, you're using the correct plist.

Hi RehabMan,

I resetted the Bios and Bios Security Settings, and was able to uncheck "Fastboot". After configuring and booting, the issue is still present.
Attached the updated Problem Report package. The GPU is correctly detected (HD 4400, 1536 MB), and QE/CI is working.
Shall I try a different AppleintelFrameBufferAzul injection (I do not care about connecting external monitors), or different driver version (currently 10.1.4)?

Thanks !

You should use the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext provided by the OS X installer.
No further ideas...
Your issue may be a problem specific to your display panel (no other reports of the same issue).

How are you flashing the BIOS? Are you using Windows or the BIOS Flashing Utility in the BIOS?
I flashed my 650 g1 by putting bios on usb drive and choosing the flash option. My 850 g3 has an option in bios to download and flash or rollback bios.

RehabMan a couple of questions

1) How are you guys updating your signature to include all the details requested in FAQ without getting suspended?
2) Laptop #0 Hp 850 g3 i5-6200U Skylake; can I set the video memory higher than 64m? I thought this guide said has to be 64m and the laptop FAQ says 64m or more.

1) How are you guys updating your signature to include all the details requested in FAQ without getting suspended?

My signature is 3-lines (word wrap). The font is small so it doesn't take too much room. There is no problem including all FAQ content if you're not wasteful with characters...
The spirit of the rules is to avoid signatures that are large/outlandish and take away from other site content.
The links in the last line of my signature were allowed due to an exception granted by tonymacx86 himself.

2) Laptop #0 Hp 850 g3 i5-6200U Skylake; can I set the video memory higher than 64m? I thought this guide said has to be 64m and the laptop FAQ says 64m or more.

I use 128mb on my Skylake NUC6i7KYK (64mb works too).
The minimum is 64mb... you're free to try other values and monitor the results.

I flashed my 650 g1 by putting bios on usb drive and choosing the flash option. My 850 g3 has an option in bios to download and flash or rollback bios.

Correct you can do it that way but pit512 is having problems flashing with the BIOS Utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back