Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Thanks for the guide, can you please assist in advising which config files should be used for HP Elitebook 850G1?

Strange content in your ACPI/patched:
SSDT.aml_20170311.aml
(do not put random garbage in ACPI/patched)

And you should add:
SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.aml
(I will add it to install_acpi.sh)

But yes, you may need to show a video...

Hello,

I added SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.aml to install_acpi.sh, it did not correct the issue.
I cleaned up the SSDT.aml_20170311 (it is an old backup, not an AML).
And here you are the video. Big glitches in seconds 4, 7 and 14.

Thanks for your help,

Andrés

Attachments

• Glitches.m4v.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
Am using option rom settings :ALL UEFI Secure Boot Options :Legacy Support Disabled and Secure Boot Disabled,
I tried that setting with no luck, but I didn't have the Option Rom Settings: ALL UEFI when I tried it.

Hi and thanks once again for this great guide and support RehabMan,

About the HD3000 graphic freezes i will try to install an extra 4GB of RAM (I ve read somewhere here that this is a possible solution), see if they are gone and provide feedback, so anyone else with a 4730s at least know if it indeed solves the problem.

BUT, until then i had another quenstion... To my understanding so far, clover is really versatile and if is set properly it can be bullet proof between updates of patch versions (e.g. 10.11.6 -> 10.11.7) and even between minor versions (e.g. 10.11.x -> 10.12.x)... Under the assumption that the installed kexts are gonna be compatible with the update target version (i know it is a big IF but lets assume it) and in company with the magnificent work you ve done to the acpi tables wouldn't make sense to put all these kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other so indeed they are preserved between the updates?! Are they still preserved now that they are install in /System/Extensions?! I know that this is maybe off-topic and i am really sorry for that, i just wanna make sure that understand correctly the purpose of CLOVER/kexts directory

Cheers

Kexts you install to the system volume are unaffected by updates.
(unless those kexts are patched kexts already provided by Apple).

Last edited:
Hello,

I added SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.aml to install_acpi.sh, it did not correct the issue.
I cleaned up the SSDT.aml_20170311 (it is an old backup, not an AML).
And here you are the video. Big glitches in seconds 4, 7 and 14.

Thanks for your help,

Andrés

Need "Problem Reporting" files.

Laptop #0

I installed ubuntu into the remaining free space that I had osx installed on and now the grub bootloader is showing up without an entry for osx and if I try to boot the usb drive I used to install OSX with and pick the macOS sierra entry the boot fails. I am not sure what to do at this point to get the Clover boot loader re-installed so that I can boot OSX from HD, don't really want to reinstall from scratch.

View attachment 242995

OS X is booted directly from Clover, not grub.

Meaning" hda-gfx" shouldn't be in SSDT-IGPU. aml?

Correct.

If that's the case i don't know what am doing wrong coz it's not disappearing

Make the change I proposed to hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl.
Then build with ./build.sh
The install with install_acpi.sh.
As per guide...

I was able to pick "Boot from file" and navigate to the clover folder.

Read main Clover guide. Use efibootmgr or your BIOS to set Clover as main UEFI entry. It is in post #2...

Hi Rehabman, I am requesting some help with getting my Displayport working. It seems to connect to the monitor but there is no image on the external monitor. I can gather windows and see the settings for the external monitor but changing them does nothing to help. I have hopefully included the needed files to diagnose. Please advise. Thank you.

This ioreg indicates no external monitor connected.
Also, any problem report must contain all "Problem Reporting" files unless suggested otherwise.

Hello Thanks for the guide, can you please assist in advising which config files should be used for HP Elitebook 850G1?

Use install_acpi.sh as per guide in post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back