Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O
k. Thanks.

please find attached the error report package

I don't see any obvious issue with graphics in these files. But you're also not using the latest repo content, and the fixes in the beta branch apply to your computer...

Try the beta branch files. Report back with results.

Maybe BIOS is set incorrectly... Make sure enabled CSM as per post #1.
Depends partly on what you mean by "screen garbles". No photo depicting it is attached...

I can'f find anything that says CSM in this Bios, not finding any help online either to guide me. What does CSM do/stand for so that maybe I can find it?

I can'f find anything that says CSM in this Bios, not finding any help online either to guide me. What does CSM do/stand for so that maybe I can find it?

I think it is listed as "hybrid" in your BIOS. Read post #1.

Note: CSM is an acronym for "Compatibility Support Module"

I think it is listed as "hybrid" in your BIOS. Read post #1.

Note: CSM is an acronym for "Compatibility Support Module"
I wonder if it has something to do with the secure boot options. Looks like I have these options available:

Legacy Support is the ability to boot from a non-UEFI device. Only UEFI devices can support Secure Boot. The following settings are possible:
 Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable
 Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Enable
 Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable

I had the bottom choice selected, trying with first choice. When I changed the setting it enabled the option to set legacy boot order which was disabled previously.

Last edited:
I wonder if it has something to do with the secure boot options. Looks like I have these options available:

Legacy Support is the ability to boot from a non-UEFI device. Only UEFI devices can support Secure Boot. The following settings are possible:
 Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable
 Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Enable
 Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable

I had the bottom choice selected, trying with first choice. When I changed the setting it enabled the option to set legacy boot order which was disabled previously.

Not sure if that helped. I have also started to notice that when the installer reboots I get a POST error (see screensshot) but it appears like everything in the BIOS is still set the same.
IMG_2718.JPG

Not sure if that helped. I have also started to notice that when the installer reboots I get a POST error (see screensshot) but it appears like everything in the BIOS is still set the same.
View attachment 242971

Now I am trying with this Option ROM setting: All UEFI
The following settings are possible:
 All Legacy
 All UEFI
 All UEFI Except Video

The second phase of installer is progressing now, not sure if that is the fix or not yet.

I don't see any obvious issue with graphics in these files. But you're also not using the latest repo content, and the fixes in the beta branch apply to your computer...

Try the beta branch files. Report back with results.

Hello.

Similar behaviour with beta branch. The computer is usable, but regular annoying flickers (only on laptop screen, not external).
New Error Report Package attached.
Any idea would be welcome. Can post videos if necessary.

Attachments

• Package_beta.zip
    2 MB · Views: 87
Now I am trying with this Option ROM setting: All UEFI
The following settings are possible:
 All Legacy
 All UEFI
 All UEFI Except Video

The second phase of installer is progressing now, not sure if that is the fix or not yet.

Once you figure out your BIOS, you can make a proposal for changes to the BIOS settings as listed in post #1.

Hello.

Similar behaviour with beta branch. The computer is usable, but regular annoying flickers (only on laptop screen, not external).
New Error Report Package attached.
Any idea would be welcome. Can post videos if necessary.

Strange content in your ACPI/patched:
SSDT.aml_20170311.aml
(do not put random garbage in ACPI/patched)

And you should add:
SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.aml
(I will add it to install_acpi.sh)

But yes, you may need to show a video...

I don't think this is using the repo SSDT-IGPU. Use the one from the repo, but with the "hda-gfx" commented out.
The diff looks like this:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:probook.git rehabman$ git diff
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
index c9b2ae0..cb511c3 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
@@ -127,7 +127,7 @@ DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "igpu", 0)
             {
                 "model", Buffer() { "Intel HD Graphics 620" },
                 "device-id", Buffer() { 0x1b, 0x19, 0x00, 0x00 },
-                "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
+                //"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
                 "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x1b, 0x19 },
                 "AAPL,GfxYTile", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },
             },

If HDMI video works with that single change, then we know it is an HDMI audio problem causing the crash and can continue to pursue it. But the SSDT-IGPU.aml you have in ACPI/patched is not the same as what I propose here, so I want to verify this single (two character) change first.
Changed still crashing

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back