Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As requested..Here is the information as requested.
View attachment 229101

The setup looks fine although you have non-recommended files in drivers64UEFI.
I don't know what you mean in your profile by "1366 x 768 (auto scale)"
Keep in mind booting the installer from USB is not quick. Be patient...
Use an external monitor if you think the problem is with the internal display.
You can also boot with a bogus FakeID (0x12345678... can be set in Clover GUI).
Make sure you're using a USB2 stick. Your USB3 controller is not well supported and not supported at all with the kexts you have in Clover/kexts.

The setup looks fine although you have non-recommended files in drivers64UEFI.
I don't know what you mean in your profile by "1366 x 768 (auto scale)"
Keep in mind booting the installer from USB is not quick. Be patient...
Use an external monitor if you think the problem is with the internal display.
You can also boot with a bogus FakeID (0x12345678... can be set in Clover GUI).
Make sure you're using a USB2 stick. Your USB3 controller is not well supported and not supported at all with the kexts you have in Clover/kexts.

When you say non-recommended files, what do you mean? I took the created EFI from clover and added the ones the guide suggested, unless I mis-read and should have removed some files.

Hello !
While looking my Hackintosh specs i found that it have
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB although in my BIOS and previous windows i used it showed 1 GB , so why this is happening ???
Using the same config as you provided in probook.git.

Hello !
While looking my Hackintosh specs i found that it have
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB although in my BIOS and previous windows i used it showed 1 GB , so why this is happening ???
Using the same config as you provided in probook.git.

As expected. OS X is not the same as Windows.
You will get 386MB with 4GB RAM. 512MB with 8GB RAM.

Morning,

I've since changed my EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI to match the image as discussed in #1 but still unable to get further.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

As described in post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio", it is possible (and somewhat common) for AppleHDA to "fall out of kernel cache". In this case a cache rebuild is needed (after booting without caches).

As a work around for this problem, I added the pre-patch_hda.sh script to the github project. The script reads your config.plist (on your EFI partition) and applies the patches directly to the AppleHDA binary on disk. That way it doesn't matter if Clover fails to patch the kext when it is not in cache.

The script must be run after you have your final config.plist copied to your EFI/Clover on your EFI partition.

Usage:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./pre-patch_hda.sh

You would need to run it after any update (that updated AppleHDA), just as you do for install_downloads.sh.

Note: The reason this is not done from install_downloads.sh at this point is because, in the guide, install_downloads.sh is run prior to having the correct config.plist in place. Also note that if you have the wrong config.plist, the script will patch AppleHDA with the wrong patches. No backup is made, so to restore, you would need to use the OS X/macOS installer.

This thread is phenomenal, I was able to get 2 laptops running perfectly fine with it but I'm having issues with this particular one. HP Envy 15 j011dx
2.6GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3230M Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.2GHz
8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)
Intel HD graphics 4000 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)

Attachments

• Envy15-j011dx.zip
    81.3 KB · Views: 106
RehabMan, I have question about config.plist and MacBook model. It's necessary to have MacBook Air 13" 2013 model? What happend when I change it to for example MacBook Pro 15" 2014 model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back