Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @RehabMan,

My 8570w hackintosh was fine except the brightness control, and the built-in display was recognized as an external display. I'm trying to make my hotpatch DGFX, but resulted in a black screen on built-in display while external display via DP is ok. I have no idea how to mix the DTGP with the hotpatch method.

Please guide me out, thank you and happy new year :)

File attached.

Attachments

• Unnamed 8570W.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 131
Hi @RehabMan,

My 8570w hackintosh was fine except the brightness control, and the built-in display was recognized as an external display. I'm trying to make my hotpatch DGFX, but resulted in a black screen on built-in display while external display via DP is ok. I have no idea how to mix the DTGP with the hotpatch method.

Please guide me out, thank you and happy new year :)

File attached.

Off-topic. As per post #1, this guide is only for those laptops equipped with Intel graphics.

Hello everybody. Is a 4540s with intel 2nd gen + Intel HD 3000 supported? Thanks in advance

Hello everybody. Is a 4540s with intel 2nd gen + Intel HD 3000 supported? Thanks in advance

Yes. Read post #1. For installation, make sure you use the correct config.plist.
After that, the mixed config (HD3000 on 7-series) is taken care of by the SSDTs (specifically SSDT-IMEI.aml).

Thank you very much guys

Evening,

I'm aware of people going off topic, so I'll stick to topic here and post as much as I can.. Basically, I can't get OSX to install on my HP Elitebook 2560p.. It has had OSX before, I purchased it as such and then installed Win 7 for the wife. Shes bought a new machine and given me back the 2560p;

Having booted Clover from the USB in verbose mode; it's currently displaying 'fInterfaceSnapshots is missing' below details about the Bluetooth controller etc..

My steps are as follows:

1. Restored BIOS back to defaults and followed the settings at the beginning of this guide
  2. Downloaded OS X El Capitan on my Macbook Pro using the Apple Store 'Previously Purchased'
  3. Downloaded the latest clover
  4. Create GPT single partition USB
  5. Ran createinstallmedia option to push the installer to the USB.
  6. Added FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  7. Removed config.plist and replaced with config_HD3000_1366x768.plist from rehab's BitBucket
  8. Left only 'Others' in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder
Now I'm unable to progress.. What should I look for, or try? I'm at your disposal :)

Evening,

I'm aware of people going off topic, so I'll stick to topic here and post as much as I can.. Basically, I can't get OSX to install on my HP Elitebook 2560p.. It has had OSX before, I purchased it as such and then installed Win 7 for the wife. Shes bought a new machine and given me back the 2560p;

Having booted Clover from the USB in verbose mode; it's currently displaying 'fInterfaceSnapshots is missing' below details about the Bluetooth controller etc..

My steps are as follows:

1. Restored BIOS back to defaults and followed the settings at the beginning of this guide
  2. Downloaded OS X El Capitan on my Macbook Pro using the Apple Store 'Previously Purchased'
  3. Downloaded the latest clover
  4. Create GPT single partition USB
  5. Ran createinstallmedia option to push the installer to the USB.
  6. Added FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  7. Removed config.plist and replaced with config_HD3000_1366x768.plist from rehab's BitBucket
  8. Left only 'Others' in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder
Now I'm unable to progress.. What should I look for, or try? I'm at your disposal :)

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Notes:
- easier to use MBR two partition
- must setup drivers64UEFI as per guide (you didn't mention it)
- 'Others' would be wrong. It is spelled 'Other' (Clover will not load anything from kexts/Others)

Sure thing, give me 2 minutes

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Notes:
- easier to use MBR two partition
- must setup drivers64UEFI as per guide (you didn't mention it)
- 'Others' would be wrong. It is spelled 'Other' (Clover will not load anything from kexts/Others)

As requested..Here is the information as requested.
IMG_0346.JPG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back