Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations.
Does your EliteBook/HD4400 have the Safari hang problem (HTML5 video content)?

Hi RehabMan,

Not sure which is the scenario, but I am able to watch HD, 2K and 4K videos windowed/full screen flawlessly.

My Safari version is: Versión 10.0.2 (12602.3.12.0.1)

If any extra info is needed, just let me know and I will be very pleased to deliver.

Best Regards,

Alex.

Problem reporting:

I am experiencing to major problems, probably previously reported (excuse me if those were quoted and troubleshooting described)
  1. When shutting down (not rebooting), if I have any USB device connected (hard disk/wireless mouse dongle), computer behaves like if a reboot was selected , instead a shutdown.
  2. Eventually, I can not describe a pattern, I have no audio (speaker appears greyed).
As far as I am concerned, after upgrading I have repeated the steps described in your guide RehabMan, but probably there are things messed up in my side.

I attach the requested files, if anything missing, please, excuse me and just let me complete with missing info.

Best regards,

Alex.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 115
Hi RehabMan,

Not sure which is the scenario, but I am able to watch HD, 2K and 4K videos windowed/full screen flawlessly.

My Safari version is: Versión 10.0.2 (12602.3.12.0.1)

If any extra info is needed, just let me know and I will be very pleased to deliver.

Best Regards,

Alex.

It is only with specific videos. Such as videos on theverge.com (not the youtube embeds).

It is only with specific videos. Such as videos on theverge.com (not the youtube embeds).

I am away, I will try it tonight and get back to the forum.

Regards,

Alex.

Problem reporting:

I am experiencing to major problems, probably previously reported (excuse me if those were quoted and troubleshooting described)
  1. When shutting down (not rebooting), if I have any USB device connected (hard disk/wireless mouse dongle), computer behaves like if a reboot was selected , instead a shutdown.
  2. Eventually, I can not describe a pattern, I have no audio (speaker appears greyed).
As far as I am concerned, after upgrading I have repeated the steps described in your guide RehabMan, but probably there are things messed up in my side.

I attach the requested files, if anything missing, please, excuse me and just let me complete with missing info.

Best regards,

Alex.

USB problem is known although only previously reported with Skylake models.
Are you using a dock?
Try disabling the hubs as a test... (use uia_exclude=HS03,SSP3)
Also, try using a different SMBIOS (MacBookAir6,2)
What is "com.techsmith.TACC"?

Audio is covered in post #1, "Known Problems" "Audio". You should expect to lose audio from time to time, when you're installing kexts. Once you're done messing with kexts, and your system is stable, audio should remain stable after rebuilding cache as per post #1. Since this is a problem with Clover kext patching, an alternative would be to apply the patches for AppleHDA (see config.plist) directly to the binary on disk.

Also, you should undo the core storage setup. (google 'core storage revert').

If you can't fix it and can't provide accurate data, then yes.... start over.
Huraaay !
Thanks RehabMan!
This time no boot errors or any other problem . Audio is working without any fix.
Wifi card is ordered and will soon be delivered...
Just USB 3.0 not working ?
Am I allowed to copy your Guide to make tutorial on youtube? I will mention link and your name too!
Thanks Again !

Just USB 3.0 not working ?

GenericUSBXHCI.kext can give you some functionality (plug devices in prior to boot).

Am I allowed to copy your Guide to make tutorial on youtube?

No need. Guide is here for people to follow as written.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext can give you some functionality (plug devices in prior to boot).

No need. Guide is here for people to follow as written.
Ok Now Working USB 3.0 perfectly and I think there is no use to plug devices prior to boot. Its just works perfect as 2.0..
Is it possible to dual boot on my laptop ? See signature for hardware.

Ok Now Working USB 3.0 perfectly and I think there is no use to plug devices prior to boot. Its just works perfect as 2.0..
Is it possible to dual boot on my laptop ? See signature for hardware.

Dual boot is covered in the main laptop guide (linked from post #1 here), post #2... Please read it.

Hi RehabMan.
I have question about dock station and audio. Asi I have great result with my dock - finaly external display working (also in DP port on dock :)). It's this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P6V05HQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
It's any way how to make dock audio to work? On dock, there are 2 audio jacks - 1 for output and 1 for input. It seems, that input jack works, because I can see it in audio setting. But output shows still "built in speakers".

I'm attaching my files with dock connected.

Attachments

• keciPB.zip
    2 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back