Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman. Need your help one more time. I've been using my machine for almost a week now. I notice that my laptop's feels a bit warmer while on osx + plus the battery will only last less than 3hours. Windows10 last a lot longer, approximately 6hours and feels less warm. My usage is almost the same between these OSes. I have QUITE fan kext installed. Is this behaviour is expected?

Warmer temps expected with any fan patch except 'READ'.
If you think you have an issue, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi Rehabman - I'm at a loss - I did as you requested/recommended. Please find my compressed files attached. The first hackintosh with problems I cannot come to grips with. How may I send you my password for the attached file? Thank you so much again for your efforts!

+ camera
+ USB
(+wifi/BT combo card)

- battery management
- audio (presumably partly due to the fact that I don't know how to boot without caches in the latest version of clover - so the rebuild-and-reboot-twice-trick won't work)
-reboot all by itself at random seconds/minutes (not happening trying out any other OS!)

Attachments

• 4rehabmanwithatonofthanks_pw.zip
    4 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman - I'm at a loss - I did as you requested/recommended. Please find my compressed files attached. The first hackintosh with problems I cannot come to grips with. How may I send you my password for the attached file? Thank you so much again for your efforts!

+ camera
+ USB
(+wifi/BT combo card)

- battery management
- audio (presumably partly due to the fact that I don't know how to boot without caches in the latest version of clover - so the rebuild-and-reboot-twice-trick won't work)
-reboot all by itself at random seconds/minutes (not happening trying out any other OS!)

I'm not able to open your ZIP file.

Found algorithm: close LID, open LID (display with brightness 0 now), increase brightness level by keys, close LID the second time and now laptop will sleep after ~20 sec

I have the same Problems with my 840 G3.

Sleep (lid close) works instantly on my 840 G3 if Wi-Fi is disabled before LID close.

I have the same Problems with my 840 G3.

Sleep (lid close) works instantly on my 840 G3 if Wi-Fi is disabled before LID close.

Keep in mind sleep is always delayed until sleep assertions are clear.
With a working internet connection, there may be tasks that need to complete before sleep begins (address book sync, iCloud sync, etc). If you forcibly terminate such tasks by eliminating an internet connection, you're affecting those sleep assertions...

Thank you for your guide and the awesome work !
I have a 99% working EliteBook 840 G3 on 10.12.2 for my daily use :mrgreen:
(just waiting for my compatible Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth chipset ;))

What do your 840 G3 if you Shutdown with a connect USB 3.0 Stick ?

my EliteBook Reboot...

Keep in mind sleep is always delayed until sleep assertions are clear.
With a working internet connection, there may be tasks that need to complete before sleep begins (address book sync, iCloud sync, etc). If you forcibly terminate such tasks by eliminating an internet connection, you're affecting those sleep assertions...

OK I try it.

Where can i find an completely SMBIOS for MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) no Touch-Bar?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

The Problem is an old Problem.

You have search in my Problem Reporting files and not found anything

The Problem is an old Problem.

You have search in my Problem Reporting files and find nothing.

I don't recall ever looking for reboot on USB3 device inserted...
Probably something wrong with USB port configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back