Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Is there any case on the HP Probook 4540s that the USB ports loose power for a second every 20-30 minutes?

I'm having this issue since I installed, I thought was the Magic mouse connected by bluetooth but now I'm using an external usb sound card and I'm able to notice that disconnects all the usb ports.

Hi there,

Is there any case on the HP Probook 4540s that the USB ports loose power for a second every 20-30 minutes?

I'm having this issue since I installed, I thought was the Magic mouse connected by bluetooth but now I'm using an external usb sound card and I'm able to notice that disconnects all the usb ports.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Probably it is something specific about your USB audio device and/or its drivers.

Hey RehabMan i really appreciate your work around here
Your Guide is awesome everything is clear but still im getting these errors while installing from clover
Please can you check them
The first image is without verbose
The second image is with verbose
I exactly followed each and every step as u said dunno where im going wrong
Please can u reply me as soon as possible
I did attach my clover.zip please check it out
20160928_002909.jpg
20160928_002951.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hey RehabMan i really appreciate your work around here
Your Guide is awesome everything is clear but still im getting these errors while installing from clover
Please can you check them
The first image is without verbose
The second image is with verbose
I exactly followed each and every step as u said dunno where im going wrong
Please can u reply me as soon as possible
I did attach my clover.zip please check it out
View attachment 212675 View attachment 212676

You failed to set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb in BIOS as noted in the guide.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Probably it is something specific about your USB audio device and/or its drivers.

Here are my clover folder on the efi.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
The guide does not recommend "generating" a config.plist with Clover Configurator.
You did not follow this guide.
I did follow the guide major updates part step by step but im always stucking at the installler "grey screen". Here is a picture of that and my EFI partition's clover folder as well. [Im tring to update from PBI/CE El Capitan (whith was updates from Yosemite) to Sierra.]
B42x7vAUhAgqnrsTNXxPixMTM9afxWXo5qoMa_8_6oBvwQ9fSSUiDyMF9SKSCv1Adv84fhZUUrlHO_FkDo4zsaoVLUf0wAdOk1mf_KLM0ZVo8pQO-R7Vg9Xqe8dxBx1TXTMYmrgMsrHoSsn_tHYFY-7BuFg1TdyKeKW94B3MZZc_NoPd8gYJEKFeGijQ78h6T54kFfVSIA49V_adHpuxR-Z3iJyICFiC0PNAuOc8X_OdDKhAMR9aHpRgE0DkV3MFjMtbaU1J8DiW1QGObKf8oTSBiiaHtw3MxlwqjdUYsff_vB9cwGtJ8hWkq4fV38z8h5EO9v0lgjIdTl-cxVLhZJpGLI065JlDpZ1Sc3Wn_-DGEsjQiAHvQNwGUcg10GSroJjnPFYpG-eEXMXx5o1OJz-KystSrSqi6kLna5fBDurA-UqNHc5NHPCVkIIw66KuFn6r9kFjRnrZq_oEJd7jUap3lznqJZdb7_u4EK1XHJ0vZlhY0yatoBdtsnl6Buwf7k1WAUWqQoK4JkLvpwqUqr0P21hp4ErgrqjEkS9Y4WaKqt5XrbEJwvVRLA2grvY8pJ3QHw9lJzzmRacvrXOKD_TDpLbdZnV5EDyS6HHc5_3BWCd2Mg=w824-h618-no

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
I did follow the guide major updates part step by step but im always stucking at the installler "grey screen". Here is a picture of that and my EFI partition's clover folder as well. [Im tring to update from PBI/CE El Capitan (whith was updates from Yosemite) to Sierra.]
B42x7vAUhAgqnrsTNXxPixMTM9afxWXo5qoMa_8_6oBvwQ9fSSUiDyMF9SKSCv1Adv84fhZUUrlHO_FkDo4zsaoVLUf0wAdOk1mf_KLM0ZVo8pQO-R7Vg9Xqe8dxBx1TXTMYmrgMsrHoSsn_tHYFY-7BuFg1TdyKeKW94B3MZZc_NoPd8gYJEKFeGijQ78h6T54kFfVSIA49V_adHpuxR-Z3iJyICFiC0PNAuOc8X_OdDKhAMR9aHpRgE0DkV3MFjMtbaU1J8DiW1QGObKf8oTSBiiaHtw3MxlwqjdUYsff_vB9cwGtJ8hWkq4fV38z8h5EO9v0lgjIdTl-cxVLhZJpGLI065JlDpZ1Sc3Wn_-DGEsjQiAHvQNwGUcg10GSroJjnPFYpG-eEXMXx5o1OJz-KystSrSqi6kLna5fBDurA-UqNHc5NHPCVkIIw66KuFn6r9kFjRnrZq_oEJd7jUap3lznqJZdb7_u4EK1XHJ0vZlhY0yatoBdtsnl6Buwf7k1WAUWqQoK4JkLvpwqUqr0P21hp4ErgrqjEkS9Y4WaKqt5XrbEJwvVRLA2grvY8pJ3QHw9lJzzmRacvrXOKD_TDpLbdZnV5EDyS6HHc5_3BWCd2Mg=w824-h618-no

You have no kexts in Clover/kexts/Other. Not sure why you think you can boot macOS without FakeSMC.kext.

FakeSMC.kext is mandatory to boot. And other kexts will prove useful once you reach the installer (for example, if you expect to use your internal keyboard/trackpad, VoodooPS2Controller.kext).

Follow the guide carefully.

Attachments

• Probook 4540s.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
Hi Again, I believe is everything now.

Probook 4540s.zip

Which USB device (in this ioreg) is the problematic device? I only see a storage device plugged into HP13. The other USB devices (bluetooth and webcam) are internal.

Previously, you wrote about "an external usb sound card", but then this ioreg shows no evidence of such a device, nor any sign of a USB bus reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back