Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have any BT device in BIOS, don't need to check in Windows.

Perhaps your built-in BT hardware is defective.
What card did you pull from the laptop? If you add it back does it re-enable your BT? Did you disable fast boot?

Note: I fixed post #1 in such a way that is no longer my responsibility to determine which bluetooth hardware the user has nor whether it is built-in or not. It is now a burden placed on the user reading the guide.

I tried to update to sierra but it cant boot from the macos intsaller partition. it takes probably 15 minutes to load the "grey" screen but nothing else. What should i do? I updated clover bootloader and config.plist. (I booted uefi partition with clover configurator and created a new config and with that i replaced the one on the uefi partition.)

FWIW
When i updated my 8460p to sierra it set on the white screen for what seemed like forever, then when I did the first login it took well over 15 minutes before I got to the desktop. I could have done something wrong not sure, but after the spotlight index finished running the computer seems to be performing at the same level as 10.11 did. with the exception (As noted in post 1) that the brightness and volume keyboard keys don't work.

Perhaps your built-in BT hardware is defective.
What card did you pull from the laptop? If you add it back does it re-enable your BT? Did you disable fast boot?

Note: I fixed post #1 in such a way that is no longer my responsibility to determine which bluetooth hardware the user has nor whether it is built-in or not. It is now a burden placed on the user reading the guide.

Only the Intel wifi card has been pulled off and replaced to 43224HMS and BT gone. If I add it back to the laptop then BT is back, BIOS recognize it and show the card info at system info panel.
My 2170p has no built-in BT, it's integrated to wifi card.
I found this:
https://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc...Result&docId=emr_na-c03406231&docLocale=en_US

It seems like there are many different configuration with these HP laptops.
Everybody have to investigate their own config.

Last edited:
Perhaps you neglected to do EC reset. You will need to provide more information.

yes the EC-reset has solved my problem ! Thanks RehabMan !!!!!!!

Another info about HP 2170P with i5-3427U CPU.

Without -xcpm boot flag the CPU stuck at 1,7Ghz but doesn't have kp, the laptop boot in normal.
I tried both ways to generate SSDT.aml /with&without -w 3 in the script/.

I did a fresh install 10.11.6 yesterday and I have audio most of the times/9 from 10/.
At some boot I don't have battery infos, needs to restart to get it back.
I only did the steps from the guide.

I'll take your advice and let the system works, I don't mess with kext and will see if it stabilize itself.

Hi, I was able to update to macOS Sierra sucessfully but after a reboot I'm getting this:

vGOf2jA.jpg

Any clue? Thanks

It is probably a bluetooth firmware incompatibility. Probably you should not expect perfection...
thanks btw i found out that hand off working great on my iphone every app i open i can open it via lock screen no delay no need to turn off bluetooth the problem on the mac side only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back