Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!

I'm going to buy HP EliteBook 8470p, but it's not clear for me - is integrated wifi adapter compatible with OS X?

Read post #1 regarding compatible WiFi.

I have. But I'm not sure exactly about 8470p.

What are you not sure of? There is no WiFi whitelist in the 8470p BIOS, so any compatible WiFi will work.

So, just BT won't working with integrated card?

Generally, the EliteBooks have supported BT built-in.

What are you not sure of? There is no WiFi whitelist in the 8470p BIOS, so any compatible WiFi will work.

Thank you! I thought, that it already has compatible WiFi. Right now understand that I need to buy another one.

Thank you! I thought, that it already has compatible WiFi. Right now understand that I need to buy another one.

You didn't mention what WiFi hardware is in the laptop, so no one can tell you if the WiFi in it is already compatible.
But if you followed the guide in post #1, and your WiFi is not working, then you can be sure your WiFi hardware is not supported.

Your ioreg shows the trackpad working. Note: I have not tested 10.12.1 beta, so you're on your own there.

yes but in ElCapitan it did not work and in sierra 10.12 even

hello RehabMan!

sorry for the not replied request regarding Elitebook 2560p problem report files, but I changed my config to a 2170p, because of the usb3 and the backlit keyboard.
I would like to correct the guide regarding the BT.
The Elitebook 2170p use a combo BT + wifi card. /I changed to a compatible wifi, Broadcom 43224HMS as advised in the guide and I don't have BT neither in windows nor in BIOS/.
Please modify the guide.

I have a sound problem, sometimes I lose audio and restart needs to get it back.
I will present the requested files maybe tomorrow.

hello RehabMan!

sorry for the not replied request regarding Elitebook 2560p problem report files, but I changed my config to a 2170p, because of the usb3 and the backlit keyboard.

Your profile is inaccurate. Please fix.

I would like to correct the guide regarding the BT.
The Elitebook 2170p use a combo BT + wifi card. /I changed to a compatible wifi, Broadcom 43224HMS as advised in the guide and I don't have BT neither in windows nor in BIOS/.
Please modify the guide.

No idea what you're trying to say.

I have a sound problem, sometimes I lose audio and restart needs to get it back.

Read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio". It is expected if you're still messing with kexts present in kernel cache.

Your profile is inaccurate. Please fix.

No idea what you're trying to say.

Read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio". It is expected if you're still messing with kexts present in kernel cache.

I changed my signature/profile right now.
Sorry, I'm trying to say that HP 2170P doesn't have built-in BT, It uses a combo mpcie card, so the guide regading this is not correct.
If I want BT+wifi then I need a BT+wifi card, for ex. Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB.

I will try a new install, and see what's next. But as I said before, I will collect the requested data maybe tonight or tomorrow, and will send it to You as requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back