Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to convert my current 10.11.6 installation based on the Probook Installer and I'm getting a few errors when running install_downloads.sh

Code:
(...)
installing BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions
Creating AppleHDA_ProBook.kext...cp: invalid option -- 'X'
Try 'cp --help' for more information.
rm: cannot remove 'AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/*': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/PlugIns': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/version.plist': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link 'AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA': No such file or directory
basename: extra operand ‘Resources_ProBook/layout17.plist’
Try 'basename --help' for more information.
cp: cannot create regular file 'AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml': No such file or directory
./patch_hda.sh: line 51: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/*.xml.zlib: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/*.xml': No such file or directory
Print: Entry, ":NSHumanReadableCopyright", Does Not Exist
Parse Error: Unclosed Quotes
Value Required for Set Command
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleGetInfoString", Does Not Exist
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleVersion", Does Not Exist
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Merge: ":HardwareConfigDriver_Temp" Entry Does Not Exist
Copy: Entry, ":HardwareConfigDriver_Temp:IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":HardwareConfigDriver_Temp", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:HDAConfigDefault", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:PostConstructionInitialization", Does Not Exist
Set: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:IOProbeScore", Does Not Exist
Merge: ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource" Entry Does Not Exist
Done.
Creating AppleHDAHCD_ProBook.kext... Done.
basename: extra operand ‘Resources_ProBook/layout17.plist’
Try 'basename --help' for more information.
installing HSSDBlockStorage.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing JMB38X.kext to /Library/Extensions
(...)

Should I ignore this?

edit:
I realised I had newer coreutils installed. Removed them, everything went fine.

Last edited:
Ok I solved it

I copied generate Platforms.zml.zlib to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/ Platforms.xml.zlib.

I did not see that in manual on first post.
But anyway in some need it's run patch_hda.sh
1. Backup AppleHDA.kext
2. generate patch_hda.sh ProBook
3. I will create folder AppleHDA_Probook_Resources and file Platforms.zml.zlib
4. sudo cp AppleHDA_Probook_Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml.zlib
5. fix ownership permission of file I use kextwizard
6. Boot with out caches (space in clover)
7. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
8. Reboot twice to make sure

Hi, I have a problem with my audio on my probook 450 G1. I did the audio fix step in #1 and my system already have sound. But "sometimes" I start the computer and my laptop suddenly lost sound, and then I tried to reboot and it has sound again as normal. The problem here is "sometimes", when I start the computer, it suddenly losts the sound.
Please tell me how can I fix it. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Report.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 86
  • Report.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
Hey RehabMan, thanks for that Nice Guide !! but i have a problem with my HP Probook 470G0 the synaptics touchpad don't work :( on linux or windows it works but not in OSX. i am using MacOS Sierra :)

Attachments

• Report.zip
    139.9 KB · Views: 90
Anyone find trouble to download El Capitan installer from app store?
I'm going to make an updated flash drive installer but seems that download don't start

Yep, that was it. There was an iasl in /usr/local/bin. Just copied the one from /usr/bin over it and build.sh has created the aml files in the build folder.

Thanks,
bth

You should remove the one from /usr/local/bin.

thanks for the guid now every thing work even imessage and continuity but handoff is now working properly when i open an app(notes) on my phone the app appears on my dock(notes) but when i change to another app like(mail) my dock icon stuck with the notes app until i turn off bluetooth and turn it on again and the mail app show up in my dock my bluetooth and wifi device is BCM94352HMB /AzureWave

It is probably a bluetooth firmware incompatibility. Probably you should not expect perfection...

Hi RehabMan,
First of all thank you for helping so much people and working to give us working os x with our laps.

I have problem with sound on 10.11.6 4540s i3 non HD ---> but I am thinking about it.

I attached ioreg and outputs for problem reporting.
and tried

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

And reboot with disabled cache.
15 times probably :(

I had PBI-CE setup before the upgrade to 10.11.6

A am running out options help please :)

Thank you

Nothing is attached. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Ok I solved it

I copied generate Platforms.zml.zlib to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/ Platforms.xml.zlib.

I did not see that in manual on first post.

It is done in install_downloads.sh.

Hi, I have a problem with my audio on my probook 450 G1. I did the audio fix step in #1 and my system already have sound. But "sometimes" I start the computer and my laptop suddenly lost sound, and then I tried to reboot and it has sound again as normal. The problem here is "sometimes", when I start the computer, it suddenly losts the sound.
Please tell me how can I fix it. Thank you very much!

Quit messing with kexts and kext installs and your system(kernel cache) will stabilize as will audio.
It is an imperfection in Clover kext patching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back