Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, odd ball question. I just got a new WiFi router that does 802.11ac in 80MHz Channel Width. Now, here's an issue I'm having...

Rebooting back into OS X and before the laptop initially does its first sleep, I'm in full 5GHz 80MHz 867Mbps 802.11ac mode, and everything is peachy. The moment I sleep and wake up, I'm immediately down to 5GHz 40MHz 300Mbps 802.11ac.

"Wake on Network Access" is disabled per the guide, and everything is up-to-date. Booting to Windows inside CLOVER does not yield this issue which is not surprising.

Now, looking at the drivers (via System Information), I'm noticing the wifi driver can not pick up the Noise dBm, but can pick up the signal dBm, so basically the laptop is unable to tell if there is Noise in the area for specific/random wifi networks.

Is there something I'm missing, or is the 5GHz patch glitchy in this regard?

Also, if anyone can debug, what do I need to provide on top of the regular Problem Reporting files.

Ok, odd ball question. I just got a new WiFi router that does 802.11ac in 80MHz Channel Width. Now, here's an issue I'm having...

Rebooting back into OS X and before the laptop initially does its first sleep, I'm in full 5GHz 80MHz 867Mbps 802.11ac mode, and everything is peachy. The moment I sleep and wake up, I'm immediately down to 5GHz 40MHz 300Mbps 802.11ac.

"Wake on Network Access" is disabled per the guide, and everything is up-to-date. Booting to Windows inside CLOVER does not yield this issue which is not surprising.

Now, looking at the drivers (via System Information), I'm noticing the wifi driver can not pick up the Noise dBm, but can pick up the signal dBm, so basically the laptop is unable to tell if there is Noise in the area for specific/random wifi networks.

Is there something I'm missing, or is the 5GHz patch glitchy in this regard?

Also, if anyone can debug, what do I need to provide on top of the regular Problem Reporting files.

Are you using the correct 5ghz patch for your region/networking hardware?

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this amazing guide. Just did a ProBook 4540s - i3-3110m, and it worked out absolutely perfectly! Thanks again for all your hard work.

Hi, I have a problem with my hackintosh audio. Every time I boot my system without a headphone jack already plugged in, then after the system done booting, my headphone jack is not working at all, even when I plugged my headphone in, system's voice still go out through laptop's speaker, not the headphone . But if I boot the system with a headphone jack already plugged in, my headphone jack works totally fine.
I already did audio fix in #1. Please help me solve this, thank you for your time! And sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• report.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 96
Hi, I have a problem with my hackintosh audio. Every time I boot my system without a headphone jack already plugged in, then after the system done booting, my headphone jack is not working at all, even when I plugged my headphone in, system's voice still go out through laptop's speaker, not the headphone . But if I boot the system with a headphone jack already plugged in, my headphone jack works totally fine.
I already did audio fix in #1. Please help me solve this, thank you for your time! And sorry for my bad English.

It is a common problem with your codec (it could probably be fixed with CodecCommander, but no one has looked into it).

Workaround: sleep the laptop, then wake.

Note: Your USB configuration is not correct. Read post #1 "USB customization".

Are you using the correct 5ghz patch for your region/networking hardware?
As far as I can tell I am. I'm currently in the US, and the patch that the config.plist comes loaded with already is currently for the US.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>10.10.2+ 5Ghz US FCC, the-darkvoid</string>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.10,10.11,10.12</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>QYP8/3QsSA==</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>ZscGVVPrKw==</data>
</dict>
</plist>
I've got the other patch which fixes the wifi issue in Sierra but that patch is disabled in anything but 10.12.

If it is not the correct one for BCM94352HMB, then let me know and I'll search around for a different one.

Upon checking here, I saw an optional patch for Airport Extreme for this card, but did not see it applied in the config.plist file. Is this something worth exploring and attempting, or no?

Last edited:
As far as I can tell I am. I'm currently in the US, and the patch that the config.plist comes loaded with already is currently for the US.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>10.10.2+ 5Ghz US FCC, the-darkvoid</string>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.10,10.11,10.12</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>QYP8/3QsSA==</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>ZscGVVPrKw==</data>
</dict>
</plist>
I've got the other patch which fixes the wifi issue in Sierra but that patch is disabled in anything but 10.12.

If it is not the correct one for BCM94352HMB, then let me know and I'll search around for a different one.

It is the correct patch. Your issue is probably just another incompatibility that would have to be patched...

Maybe you should consider the BCM94360HMB.

Upon checking here, I saw an optional patch for Airport Extreme for this card, but did not see it applied in the config.plist file. Is this something worth exploring and attempting, or no?

Not needed.... Airport Extreme is enabled with FakePCIID kexts.

It is the correct patch. Your issue is probably just another incompatibility that would have to be patched...

Maybe you should consider the BCM94360HMB.

Not needed.... Airport Extreme is enabled with FakePCIID kexts.
I'll look at the patches and see if there is anything that can be done. In terms of modifying, for example the 5GHz patch. The value that is put in as the "Replace" value, if I were to slightly alter it... would it cause any type of harm to the hardware, or just prevent OS X from using the hardware properly without harm?

Reason I'm asking is maybe changing the value slightly might remove or reduce the incompatibility with the BCM94352HMB?

I'll also look into the BCM94360HMB as a possible replacement in the near future.

I'll look at the patches and see if there is anything that can be done. In terms of modifying, for example the 5GHz patch. The value that is put in as the "Replace" value, if I were to slightly alter it... would it cause any type of harm to the hardware, or just prevent OS X from using the hardware properly without harm?

It is unlikely that patch needs modification. Probably an entirely new patch would be required. It would require knowledge of the WiFi hardware and the ability to read/modify x86 assembly language. Given that you're asking this question, it seems likely you do not have the skills required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back