Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone can wake up from keyboard/mouse?
I replaced the original wifi card with Atheros AR5B195 (HP part# 593127-001)
the bluetooth works but I can't wake from keyboard/mouse, even the build-in keyboard (hp4230s)

6 Sep 2016 11-55-27.png

anyone can wake up from keyboard/mouse?

No. Use the power button. Wake up via internal keyboard on your hardware is not even possible in Windows.

Hi Rehabman, I used your guide to install El Capitan 10.11.6 on a Probook G2 Haswell. For the most part, everything is working fine except that the sound is sometimes disabled when I boot up the machine. When this happens, there are no sound devices in Preferences>Sound and the sound icon in the menu bar is greyed out.

Restarting without caches usually fixes the problem. But I can't seem to figure out why this issue is occurring in the first place. Could you please have a look at the attached files and see if anything is off or incorrect there? Thanks

Attachments

• AppleHDA.zip
    794 bytes · Views: 94
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • Kext Cache.zip
    988 bytes · Views: 101
  • KextStat.zip
    1,012 bytes · Views: 88
  • Nadir’s MacBook Pro.zip
    383.8 KB · Views: 96
  • RehabMan.zip
    64.5 KB · Views: 80
Hi Rehabman, I used your guide to install El Capitan 10.11.6 on a Probook G2 Haswell. For the most part, everything is working fine except that the sound is sometimes disabled when I boot up the machine. When this happens, there are no sound devices in Preferences>Sound and the sound icon in the menu bar is greyed out.

Restarting without caches usually fixes the problem. But I can't seem to figure out why this issue is occurring in the first place. Could you please have a look at the attached files and see if anything is off or incorrect there? Thanks

It is normal to lose audio when you update kexts or have a system update (artifact of imperfect Clover kext hotpatch). It should be stable once your kernel cache is stable.

Please note that USB WiFi is not recommended.

It is normal to lose audio when you update kexts or have a system update (artifact of imperfect Clover kext hotpatch). It should be stable once your kernel cache is stable.

Please note that USB WiFi is not recommended.

Ah I see, thanks. As for the USB Wifi, using it temporarily until my Broadcom arrives.

Wait 1416 seconds.

Quit playing audio so the system can sleep.
I'm not playing audio, I'm not doing anything everything is closed that's my point

I'm not playing audio, I'm not doing anything everything is closed that's my point

You have some software installed that is playing audio... Probably something like SoundFlower, Boom or other audio software hack.

For those that have audio codec CX20724 (mostly the Skylake models), please test with removing AppleHDA patches #2, #3, and #4. I think they are not needed. Only the .zml.zlib patch and #1 is needed.

Clover revision is not correct. The guide recommends Clover v3625. You're using Clover v3696.

@RehabMan does this mean to stick with 3625 Clover to build the installer but once stable you CAN update clover to the latest build. I have always updated Clover and am currently at 3726 without issue.

@RehabMan does this mean to stick with 3625 Clover to build the installer but once stable you CAN update clover to the latest build. I have always updated Clover and am currently at 3726 without issue.

I have not tested v3726. No reason to update Clover to the latest unless it has something you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back