Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From where did you download OS X?

Provide output in Terminal:
Code:
# a simple command executed with sudo...
sudo ls /Users
# does sudo exist?
which sudo
Originally from the appstore. I used migration assistant to move to a new HD once. They make you change your name.

Attachments

• Users.txt
    174 bytes · Views: 165
The problem is likely that your user directory has a space in it... "Miketucker 1". Not a good idea.

I don't see where in my script that it has an issue with spaces in the user directory... You might find more clues if you enable the debug traces in install_downloads.sh. Uncomment the line that is "#set -x" (change to "set -x")
Okay, thank you. It has not been a problem before that I know of.

The problem is likely that your user directory has a space in it... "Miketucker 1". Not a good idea.

I don't see where in my script that it has an issue with spaces in the user directory... You might find more clues if you enable the debug traces in install_downloads.sh. Uncomment the line that is "#set -x" (change to "set -x")
Of course I have no idea how to interpret this. So I would be grateful if you could take a look when you have a chance.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• install_downloads .sh debug.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 68
Of course I have no idea how to interpret this. So I would be grateful if you could take a look when you have a chance.
Thanks again.

In function tag_file (in install_downloads.sh), change:
Code:
$SUDO $TAGCMD "$@"

to:
Code:
$SUDO "$TAGCMD" "$@"

Let me know if it helps...

I don't think it will help you with your real issue though... It seems you deleted patch_hda.sh:
Code:
+ ./patch_hda.sh ProBook
./install_downloads.sh: line 207: ./patch_hda.sh: No such file or directory

You can use 'git status' and 'git diff' to see any changes (likely unintentional) that you made to your local copy of the project.

Last edited:
In function tag_file (in install_downloads.sh), change:
Code:
$SUDO $TAGCMD "$@"

to:
Code:
$SUDO "$TAGCMD" "$@"

Let me know if it helps...

I don't think it will help you with your real issue though... It seems you deleted patch_hda.sh:
Code:
+ ./patch_hda.sh ProBook
./install_downloads.sh: line 207: ./patch_hda.sh: No such file or directory

You can use 'git status' and 'git diff' to see any changes (likely unintentional) that you made to your local copy of the project.
Thank you I'll try that, but I'm sure patch_hda.sh has been there all along.

Attachments

• probook.git.zip
    26.9 MB · Views: 84
That did not help. Darn it.

You need to attach your modified probook.git.

It appears you used the wrong kind of quote character when you edited the file. Probably due to using Text Edit with bad settings (default settings are bad for editing code).

Clover revision is not correct. The guide recommends Clover v3625. You're using Clover v3696.

Your config.plist is incorrect. It is not a plist linked from my guide and it is not appropriate for your hardware. Please read the the guide and be certain to use a config.plist appropriate for your Skylake hardware (HD520).

Also, Clover/kexts is not per guide. Only Clover/kexts/Other should exist, and it should have only the kexts recommended by the guide.

This guide is linked directly from post #1: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Read/follow it carefully.

I can't find Clover v3625.
Would You, please, show link to download (Mac version).
Thank You.
I edited later this report.
Sorry, I have found it with params "r3625" . Thank You.

Last edited:
Which task(s) is(are) hung up in the assertions?

2016-09-06 13:03:25 +0100

Assertion status system-wide:

BackgroundTask 0

ApplePushServiceTask 0

UserIsActive 0

PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0

PreventSystemSleep 0

ExternalMedia 0

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1

NetworkClientActive 0

Listed by owning process:

pid 375(AddressBookSourceSync): [0x0000001b000101a9] 00:06:23 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Address Book Source Sync"

Timeout will fire in 1416 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff

pid 185(coreaudiod): [0x0000015d00010172] 00:00:47 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "com.apple.audio.AppleHDAEngineOutput:1F,3,0,1,1:0.context.preventuseridlesleep"

Created for PID: 287.

No kernel assertions.

Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

I just installed Clover v3625 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back