Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recognized that sometimes the system will not properly shut down. Instead it will restart after some seconds.
I have nothing attach on the laptop (except power) and wake on USB is off in bios.
Then it is like im trapped in a shutdown (reboot) cycle. To remove this i need to restart. Then i can shutdown the system.
Is there a shutdown fix i can apply?

I recognized that sometimes the system will not properly shut down. Instead it will restart after some seconds.
I have nothing attach on the laptop (except power) and wake on USB is off in bios.
Then it is like im trapped in a shutdown (reboot) cycle. To remove this i need to restart. Then i can shutdown the system.
Is there a shutdown fix i can apply?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I hope i got all files for you.
One more question. I have installed mac on disk1 and windows on disk0. Is there any problem?

Attachments

• Rehabman.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
Make sure you're using install_acpi.sh and your config.plist is up-to-date.

I will post the files when I get home from work. Hope that's okay.

I hope i got all files for you.
One more question. I have installed mac on disk1 and windows on disk0. Is there any problem?

What is PinConfigs.kext?
What is AppleALC.kext?
These are not used by this guide.
Files for AppleHDA Resources (*.zml.zlib) are missing.
Conclusion: You didn't follow the guide in post #1.

Boom may also be causing problems.

What is PinConfigs.kext?
What is AppleALC.kext?
These are not used by this guide.
Files for AppleHDA Resources (*.zml.zlib) are missing.
Conclusion: You didn't follow the guide in post #1.

Boom may also be causing problems.

AppleALC.kext is for conexant codec. The PinConfigs.kext is from the AppleALC.kext.
I followed the guide, but i exclude the audio part because it was not working for me.

The shutdown -> reboot happens if i shutdown with USB device plugged in, but the bios setting is "wake on usb" is disabled". Is there something wrong with usb port configuration?

AppleALC.kext is for conexant codec. The PinConfigs.kext is from the AppleALC.kext.
I followed the guide, but i exclude the audio part because it was not working for me.

If audio is causing the problem, nothing I can do to help ... (since the files are not part of this guide).

You should provide updated XML and pinconfig data if you have an audio setup that is working better than what is currently in the repo. With it, I can integrate it into the github project.

The shutdown -> reboot happens if i shutdown with USB device plugged in, but the bios setting is "wake on usb" is disabled". Is there something wrong with usb port configuration?

What type of USB device?

Read post #1, "USB customization". For some reason you are using the USB SSDT for 4x0-G3. It is not the file installed by install_acpi.sh. There is already an SSDT-USB-8x0-G3.dsl in the project... I don't know why you're using the wrong file.

I'm not sure if the content of SSDT-USB-8x0-G3.dsl is correct. Would require someone with the hardware to provide data as requested in post #1, "USB customization".

hey rehabman.. my friend just bought second-hand HP Elitebook 2560p with intel core i5,4 gb ram, and intel hd 3000... but when I Type:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
ls build

there is no 2x60p... what type labtop that most compatible with 2560p.
Thank you

hey rehabman.. my friend just bought second-hand HP Elitebook 2560p with intel core i5,4 gb ram, and intel hd 3000... but when I Type:

there is no 2x60p... what type labtop that most compatible with 2560p.
Thank you

Since 2x70p is the same as 6x70p, I would guess 2x60p is same as 6x60p.

But that is just a guess... you should provide the data requested in post #1, "Unsupported laptops".

How can I adjust the apple logo resolution? it's bulky and big, Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back