Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your help. It's good to know that at least my computer is not faulty. Just, apparently, I am faulty.

I can't see where I'm going wrong though.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 112
  • not working new CLOVER no themes.zip
    2 MB · Views: 76
Mate, I followed the guide. Please see post 214.

You did not. This EFI/CLOVER has the same problems already identified.

It is an EFI/Clover that seems intended for HDD (final setup), and it is wrong (you have patched DSDT.aml and SSDT-1.aml in ACPI/patched).

For final EFI/Clover setup, the only files in ACPI/patched should be:
< SSDTs from the repo appropriate for your hardware >
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide, so I have no idea which screen you have. You should be certain you're using the correct files for your hardware.

The files you have, which don't belong:
DSDT_origin.dsl
DSDT.aml
DSDT.dsl
SSDT-1.aml

Also, the kext sin EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 are wrong. You should have only:
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

A few kexts are optional:
ProBookAtheros.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

Note: You have FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, but no FakePCIID.kext. FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext does not work without FakePCIID.kext.

You claim you're trying to reach the installer via USB. You should have an EFI/Clover that is setup as described in the main guide. There should be no files in ACPI/patched, and you should be using a different config.plist (as linked from the main guide).

The files you provide here do not correlate with what you say you're doing. Seems like you have some file management issues to sort out.

You did not.
I think I demonstrated very clearly in post 214 that I did follow the guide.

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide, so I have no idea which screen you have.
You know full well I have a 1080p screen as I've stated it repeatedly and it's in my sig..

The files you provide here do not correlate with what you say you're doing. Seems like you have some file management issues to sort out.
I think the only thing I need to sort out is to go back to using PBI-CE. This hotpatch method is far too fiddly and you are too prickly.

I think I demonstrated very clearly in post 214 that I did follow the guide.

The files you provided do not reflect what you say you're doing. I can only go off what you provided in EFI/Clover. For you to investigate and resolve why the files you provide do not have any fixes already suggested.

You now have two full posts with complete details about what you have wrong. And you have the original instructions in post #1, "To transition from PBI-CE based install", which very accurately describe what you need to do transitioning from PBI setup.

It is time for you to spend a bit of time double checking your own work.

Let's look at just some of the things you say you did, and compare against what you actually have provided:

You write:
then I:
Remove EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, leaving just 'Other'

Reality:
- the CLOVER.zip you provide has various kexts (old versions) in kexts/10.9, kexts/10.10, and kexts/10.11.

You write:
I download the newest, which is RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2015-1215.zip, Universal>GenericUSBXHCI.kext and copy it to the 'Other' directory as advised.

Reality:
- the CLOVER.zip you provide has no kexts/Other and kexts/10.11 does not contain GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Note: GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not recommended as per post #1, this thread.

There are many more inconsistencies. You should really take a close look at the files you uploaded.

You know full well I have a 1080p screen as I've stated it repeatedly and it's in my sig..

Please update your profile. "Graphics" should indicate both the graphics device and screen resolution. I do not look at your signature if there is data related to a ProBook in your profile.

It is quite clear in the guide:
Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I think the only thing I need to sort out is to go back to using PCI-CE. This hotpatch method is far too fiddly and you are too prickly.

Your decision. If you follow the instructions carefully, it works. I can't help if the user cannot follow instructions and cannot provide accurate files representing what they are doing.

The files you provided do not reflect what you say you're doing. I can only go off what you provided in EFI/Clover. For you to investigate and resolve why the files you provide do not have any fixes already suggested.

You now have two full posts with complete details about what you have wrong. And you have the original instructions in post #1, "To transition from PBI-CE based install", which very accurately describe what you need to do transitioning from PBI setup.

It is time for you to spend a bit of time double checking your own work.

Please update your profile. "Graphics" should indicate both the graphics device and screen resolution. I do not look at your signature if there is data related to a ProBook in your profile.

It is quite clear in the guide:

Your decision. If you follow the instructions carefully, it works. I can't help if the user cannot follow instructions and cannot provide accurate files representing what they are doing.

I may have uploaded the CLOVER folder from the faulty existing OS X installation, which admittedly is the result of my wrong doing, instead of the CLOVER folder from the USB. However, it doesn't change the fact that I did follow the guide very carefully, and I even took the time to demonstrate every step I took in following the guide, to which all you can you is say that I didn't follow the guide. Can you not see how arrogant that is? Honesty mate, you might as well not bother replying. If you can't acknowledge that your guide isn't faultless them I'm afraid it just screams arrogance.

I may have uploaded the CLOVER folder from the faulty existing OS X installation, which admittedly is the result of my wrong doing, instead of the CLOVER folder from the USB. However, it doesn't change the fact that I did follow the guide very carefully, and I even took the time to demonstrate every step I took in following the guide, to which all you can you is say that I didn't follow the guide. Can you not see how arrogant that is? Honesty mate, you might as well not bother replying. If you can't acknowledge that your guide isn't faultless them I'm afraid it just screams arrogance.

I can only provide advice based on the files you provide. It is up to you to provide accurate data.

Attach accurate EFI/Clover (the one that you're using)...

eg...

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Please note that your previous verbose boot shows "stepper error"... Which probably means you need to use the alternate DropTables as mentioned in the main guide and post #1, this thread. That requirement will likely carry into your config.plist on the HDD as well.

Informational question... I've noticed since switching to MacBookPro8,2, I have been seeing an App Store update called MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.7, but everytime I apply it and reboot it reappears (obviously because it is not a legit EFI firmware on a MacBook Pro.) Just curious as I am stuck with constantly getting these notifications I need to reboot to apply an update.

*EDIT* Nevermind, I figured out how to hide updates. :D Apple definitely likes to hide the ability to do it in the most obvious of places. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back