Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming it was installed legacy because enabling the legacy scanning did reveal the Windows partition on Clover's startup screen.

Bad assumption.
If the partition scheme for your Windows drive is GPT, it is UEFI.
If UEFI, it should have an EFI partition with the \EFI\Microsoft folder.

Bad assumption.
If the partition scheme for your Windows drive is GPT, it is UEFI.
If UEFI, it should have an EFI partition with the \EFI\Microsoft folder.

Thanks again for the info. There is no Microsoft folder at \EFI\ on that HDD (which is GPT after all)

I suspect that this is all related to one of the scripts of yours that I ran doing this hotpatch install (not that I'm complaining). I kept the old HDD in tact while I followed this guide for my new SDD. But toward the end of the process, I unexpectedly lost the ability to boot to my old Mavericks (and probably Windows at the same time, I wasn't paying much attention to that part). I ended up rebuilding the EFI on that HDD, following Nguyenmacs PBI guide (as I had originally done long ago). So I think I'm answering my own question here after all.... and guessing I should continue following that guide's Dual Boot instructions.

EDIT: But then I see that includes formatting my Windows partition : (

Last edited:
Thanks again for the info. There is no Microsoft folder at \EFI\ on that HDD (which is GPT after all)

Are you sure you're looking at the EFI partition?
EFI folder NOT expected on your Windows system volume.

I suspect that this is all related to one of the scripts of yours that I ran doing this hotpatch install (not that I'm complaining).

My scripts do not do anything with EFI/Microsoft.

Are you sure you're looking at the EFI partition?
EFI folder NOT expected on your Windows system volume.

My scripts do not do anything with EFI/Microsoft.

Yes, it's the EFI on the old HDD that I'm looking at. Neither it nor the new one from this hotpatch guide have a microsoft folder. I've spent the day trying to replace that folder from other Windows install discs, but still can't boot into my old Windows 8. Extra frustrating that I can't get a clean, bootable windows usb to repair the EFI, or "refresh the pc". I appreciate all your help but I think I'm about ready to give up on it and start with a clean install. Nothing too valuable on that partition.

Yes, it's the EFI on the old HDD that I'm looking at. Neither it nor the new one from this hotpatch guide have a microsoft folder. I've spent the day trying to replace that folder from other Windows install discs, but still can't boot into my old Windows 8. Extra frustrating that I can't get a clean, bootable windows usb to repair the EFI, or "refresh the pc". I appreciate all your help but I think I'm about ready to give up on it and start with a clean install. Nothing too valuable on that partition.

If you installed Windows in UEFI, you will have an EFI partition with an EFI folder. And inside that you find the Microsoft folder.
But the EFI partition is not the same as the Windows system partition.
And it is not the same as the EFI partition that is on your macOS drive.
The Windows EFI/Microsoft can be regenerated from a WinRE with BCDBOOT.EXE.

Is it safe to update to High Sierra from Sierra ? ;)

Thanks for the great guide RehabMan.
I now have everything working on my HP 9470m except the WWAN Module (HP-un2430).
The WWAN device is not showing under USB Devices even though I patched the CellPhoneHelper.
Attached you'll find my Clover folder without the themes.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 74
Thanks for the great guide RehabMan.
I now have everything working on my HP 9470m except the WWAN Module (HP-un2430).
The WWAN device is not showing under USB Devices even though I patched the CellPhoneHelper.
Attached you'll find my Clover folder without the themes.

It is likely the USB configuration was done by someone without the WWAN card installed.
Therefore the port will be disabled as it is omitted from UIAC.

Read guide, "USB customization"... reply with ioreg.

It is likely the USB configuration was done by someone without the WWAN card installed.
Therefore the port will be disabled as it is omitted from UIAC.

Read guide, "USB customization"... reply with ioreg.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Attached you'll find the IOReg from my HP 9470m on High Sierra 10.13.2.
The Broadband Module is the HP-un2430

Attachments

• HP9470m_10.13.2_HPun2430.ioreg
    7.4 MB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back