Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expected to.
EHCI is USB2.

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
Why 10.11.0?

I can't remember where I go the copy of El Capitan.
In January 2017 I set up this computer with no problems. When I loaded the GenericUSBXHCI.kext the ports worked. (see my first messages)

I used a MacbookPro running Snow Leopard (real one) to create the USBs.

Why 10.11.0 - I guess thats what was available.

Are you suggesting that I should start over, beginning with a new download?

Can I create the USB using this (8460p) machine now that it is (almost) running?

Thanks in advance.

I can't remember where I go the copy of El Capitan.

What do you mean "can't remember"?
The only valid place is from the Mac App Store.

Why 10.11.0 - I guess thats what was available.

Download current El Capitan (If I remember right, current version is 10.11.6) from the Mac App Store and do a fresh install according to the guide.

What do you mean "can't remember"?
The only valid place is from the Mac App Store.

Download current El Capitan (If I remember right, current version is 10.11.6) from the Mac App Store and do a fresh install according to the guide.

Your right. It's just been a long time since I downloaded it. If it wasn't for a Win 10 update gone bad I wouldn't of had to reinstall.

I also downloaded Sierra so rather than redo El Capitan I think I might just jump to Sierra. I will move it to a USB stick and go back to my Macbook Pro and go from there.
Hopefully I will have better success. If not I will redo El Capitan.

Thanks for your help.

remove PinConfigDefaults ("CodecCommanderProbeInit") from audio SSDT (just changing CodecCommanderProbeInit to #CodecCommanderProbeInit will work)

hello
question : this ( "CodecCommanderProbeInit", ) to this ( #CodecCommanderProbeInit", ) ?

Attachments

• Captură de ecran din 2017.12.06 la 08.53.48.png
    Captură de ecran din 2017.12.06 la 08.53.48.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Captură de ecran din 2017.12.06 la 08.54.28.png
    Captură de ecran din 2017.12.06 la 08.54.28.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 110
hello
question : this ( "CodecCommanderProbeInit", ) to this ( #CodecCommanderProbeInit", ) ?

No.
You broke the code (it will not compile... you removed the opening quote for the string).

No.
You broke the code (it will not compile... you removed the opening quote for the string).
did nothing, just asked!

so i will leave the opening quote and add a # in front of (with no space)CodecCommander...
thank you

so i will leave the opening quote and add a # in front of (with no space)CodecCommander...

Yes... making the string anything but "CodecCommanderProbeInit" makes it not match what CodecCommander.kext is looking for, which effectively disables it.

The # is a commonly used "comment" character, which makes the intention clear.

I just updated to latest clover and El Cap using this guide, from Clover UEFI dual booting Mavericks and Windows 8. I did a fresh Clover/EFI install on a new SDD in the optical drive, And erased the old Mac partition from HDD that Windows was on. I didn't mess with the windows EFI or volume.

The new Clover works great but no longer gives the option to boot Windows. I see the "tricky" guide to keeping windows intact when installing on the same drive, but was hoping my situation would be simpler. Any help appreciated.

I just updated to latest clover and El Cap using this guide, from Clover UEFI dual booting Mavericks and Windows 8. I did a fresh Clover/EFI install on a new SDD in the optical drive, And erased the old Mac partition from HDD that Windows was on. I didn't mess with the windows EFI or volume.

The new Clover works great but no longer gives the option to boot Windows. I see the "tricky" guide to keeping windows intact when installing on the same drive, but was hoping my situation would be simpler. Any help appreciated.

How is Windows installed? UEFI or legacy?
If legacy, did you enable the Clover options for scanning legacy? (config.plist/GUI settings)
If UEFI, did you make sure to disable "fast boot" in BIOS?

How is Windows installed? UEFI or legacy?
If legacy, did you enable the Clover options for scanning legacy? (config.plist/GUI settings)
If UEFI, did you make sure to disable "fast boot" in BIOS?

Thanks. Fast boot was disabled. Assuming it was installed legacy because enabling the legacy scanning did reveal the Windows partition on Clover's startup screen. But when I choose it, I get a "Boot Device Not Found" error.

I saw some of your other advice about marking the partition as active using fdisk. I didn't have any luck with that, but thought maybe I'm choosing the wrong partition? I chose "Microsoft Reserved - 134.2 MB" as it wouldn't let me choose "Microsoft Basic Data"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back