Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,

Just a bit confused about the guide. Am I installing the CLOVER UEFI to the HDD as per the previous guide with the HP Probook installer.

Does that mean I need to create an extra 300MB FAT partition on my System drive? And then copy the CLOVER EFI folder there? Sorry just a bit confused which guide I'm following.

Thanks for the help.
If you follow the guide, you should not have to create any extra partitions other than the one you are installing macOS too.

Hi RehabMan,

Just a bit confused about the guide. Am I installing the CLOVER UEFI to the HDD as per the previous guide with the HP Probook installer.

Does that mean I need to create an extra 300MB FAT partition on my System drive? And then copy the CLOVER EFI folder there? Sorry just a bit confused which guide I'm following.

Thanks for the help.

The EFI partition is created automatically when the drive is partitioned GPT.
The Clover installer automatically finds the associated EFI partition.

This guide does not use the ProBook Installer. Try to stick to what is written in post #1 and the linked Clover laptop guide.

Hello,
I just have a random loss of sound . Sometimes if I power up the hack It boots without audio, and if I reboot audio comes back again. I have the ALC280. I've used pre-patched_hda script after configured config.plist.

I am Tired of finding the solution for this PROBLEM ......please help ANYONE!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 6.02.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 6.02.09 PM.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 115
I am Tired of finding the solution for this PROBLEM ......please help ANYONE!!!!!

I think this does not have anything to do with how you installed the OS. I would recommend to sign out from all devices through the Apple ID website, change password (use two-factor authentication), make sure you have a unique serial number (there is a guide at tonymac on how to do that, just use search) and then try to sign in. Sh*t happens.

Hello,
I just have a random loss of sound . Sometimes if I power up the hack It boots without audio, and if I reboot audio comes back again. I have the ALC280. I've used pre-patched_hda script after configured config.plist.

I have the same problem, bro. Just live with it! There is no way fixing that problem.

ok. thank you!

Booting without caches (-f flag) and rebuilding it (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /) solves it faster :)

Booting without caches (-f flag) and rebuilding it (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /) solves it faster :)

you cannot boot 10.12. without caches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back