Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I attached the wrong CLOVER file. Here is my CLOVER file.

Your ioreg in your previous post does not correspond to the config.plist in this CLOVER.zip.
Please provide all files as per "Problem Reporting".
If you need to remove the WiFi hardware, then do so... (I'll keep this ioreg that seems like it was booted via USB so I can see where your WiFi is...)
Even though the WiFi hardware would not be present, it allows sanity checking of other data provided in that problem report (eg. patchmatic output).

Note: You should be using MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2.
This guide does not use HWP
(you're trying to use an HWP enabled SMBIOS and you don't have the necessary xcpm_idle patch for it...)

Last edited:
Your ioreg in your previous post does not correspond to the config.plist in this CLOVER.zip.
Please provide all files as per "Problem Reporting".
If you need to remove the WiFi hardware, then do so... (I'll keep this ioreg that seems like it was booted via USB so I can see where your WiFi is...)

Note: You should be using MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2.
This guide does not use HWP
(you're trying to use an HWP enabled SMBIOS and you don't have the necessary xcpm_idle patch for it...)
Here is my IOReg.

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    543.2 KB · Views: 70
Here is my IOReg.

Need all "Problem Reporting" files (eg. missing patchmatic -extract output).

Also note that booting may be very slow the first time... because Clover can not patch a kext that is not in cache, and AirPortBrcm4360 will not be in cache, it will try to start without the fcvo patch.... Be patient, and give it time to boot, then rebuild cache and reboot (kext will go into cache on the rebuild and then will be patched on that subsequent boot).

Need all "Problem Reporting" files (eg. missing patchmatic -extract output).

Also note that booting may be very slow the first time... because Clover can not patch a kext that is not in cache, and AirPortBrcm4360 will not be in cache, it will try to start without the fcvo patch.... Be patient, and give it time to boot, then rebuild cache and reboot (kext will go into cache on the rebuild and then will be patched on that subsequent boot).
Here is patchmatic -extract output
I use MacBookPro13,1 because ssdtPRGen.sh build error by using MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    67.2 KB · Views: 82
Here is patchmatic -extract output
I use MacBookPro13,1 because ssdtPRGen.sh build error by using MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2

Thanks for the patchmatic output... so far I come up with these diffs (actually not sure about G2 vs. G3 BATT).
You can test:
Code:
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-6x0-G2-Skylake.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-6x0-G2-Skylake.dsl
index d8ff127..8c9b568 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-6x0-G2-Skylake.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-6x0-G2-Skylake.dsl
@@ -9,7 +9,8 @@ DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "6x0g2s", 0)
     #include "SSDT-KEY102.asl"
     #include "SSDT-USB-640-G2.asl"
     #include "SSDT-XHC.asl"
-    #include "SSDT-BATT-G3.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-BATT-G2.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-RP05_PEGP_RDSS.asl"

// This USWE code is specific to the Skylake G3 (maybe Skylake G2?)
     External(USWE, FieldUnitObj)

I don't think the missing "SSDT-RP05_PEGP_RDSS.asl" matters as your profile (and evidence in ACPI/origin) indicates you don't have a discrete graphics card, but...

Let me know how it goes waiting for the boot to complete....

Hi RehabMan, thanks for your wonderful guide! I am installing 10.11.6 on my HP Probook 440 g3, Skylake, but find headphone jack not working, the built-in speaker works. No headphone option in System Preference, only built-in speaker. Could you help? Thanks!

Attachments

• Probook_440_Problem_Reporting_headphone_notworking.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Thanks for the patchmatic output... so far I come up with these diffs (actually not sure about G2 vs. G3 BATT).
You can test:
Code:
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-6x0-G2-Skylake.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-6x0-G2-Skylake.dsl
index d8ff127..8c9b568 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-6x0-G2-Skylake.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-6x0-G2-Skylake.dsl
@@ -9,7 +9,8 @@ DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "6x0g2s", 0)
     #include "SSDT-KEY102.asl"
     #include "SSDT-USB-640-G2.asl"
     #include "SSDT-XHC.asl"
-    #include "SSDT-BATT-G3.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-BATT-G2.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-RP05_PEGP_RDSS.asl"

// This USWE code is specific to the Skylake G3 (maybe Skylake G2?)
     External(USWE, FieldUnitObj)

I don't think the missing "SSDT-RP05_PEGP_RDSS.asl" matters as your profile (and evidence in ACPI/origin) indicates you don't have a discrete graphics card, but...

Let me know how it goes waiting for the boot to complete....
I don't have discrete graph chip in my Probook 640 G2.
I use MacBookPro11,1 to call ssdtPRGen.sh per your suggestion.
it goes waiting for the boot to complete over 1 hour, however it can't complete and stuck at the place as usual.
I need to disable the wlan in the bios setting to boot into OSX.
I did an experiment to remove the "AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)" setting in the config.plist and it can boot to OSX with enabling wlan setting in the bios. The attached file is the screen shot of the DPCImanager.

Attachments

• Screen Shot DPCIManager.png
    Screen Shot DPCIManager.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 123
Hi RehabMan, thanks for your wonderful guide! I am installing 10.11.6 on my HP Probook 440 g3, Skylake, but find headphone jack not working, the built-in speaker works. No headphone option in System Preference, only built-in speaker. Could you help? Thanks!

Try alternate layout-id 5 (look at your model specific SSDT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back