Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day RehabMan,
Please check my attachments and let me know where I can improve and also assist with brightness control.

Attachments

• IOREG.zip
    425 KB · Views: 74
  • RehabMan.zip
    64.4 KB · Views: 94
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 89
  • Outputs.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 82
Good day RehabMan,
Please check my attachments and let me know where I can improve and also assist with brightness control.

What is the issue?
Note: Your files are not up-to-date with respect to current github. And you didn't follow the guide in post #1 properly.

Why are you running 10.11.4?
From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Last edited:
Apologies man as I just updated my profile and I am running the latest build 10.12.4 upgraded from 10.11.4 which was installed with the old clover yosemite prebook guide followed by your great hot patch. I thought I have followed the reporting guide properly and I wonder where I have lost it. Please assist

slide=0 is already specified in the provided plists...
I noticed you didn't use matched RAM sticks (mistake). Other than that, no further ideas.

I thought that memory behaviour would be more binary like ok it boots the you are fine, oops it does not boot you cant have 8 GB of RAM with these two particular memory sticks. Does it worth a shoot of reinstalling the whole OS from scratch?!

I thought that memory behaviour would be more binary like ok it boots the you are fine, oops it does not boot you cant have 8 GB of RAM with these two particular memory sticks.

Probably not binary like you think.
There is a reason you should test memory for at least 24 hours (memtest86) after installing it.
IGPU is especially sensitive to memory configuration.

Does it worth a shoot of reinstalling the whole OS from scratch?!

Unless you made a mistake somewhere along the way, no need...

Hi have just discovered files in hotpatch are in new format (asl) which software should i use to open ?? thanks

Hi have just discovered files in hotpatch are in new format (asl) which software should i use to open ?? thanks

They are just ASCII text, just as .dsl.
You can open the entire project in Xcode (Patches.xcodeproj).

hello , sound work aleatory and no brightness control on my HP 840 G1 on sierra 10.12.4

FLo

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • RehabMan.zip
    64.9 KB · Views: 84
  • output.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 73
  • ioreg.zip
    513 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.