Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan Thanks for the guide and all the help. I haven't tested everything yet, but I have battery indicator, audio, full 3d acceleration, and Ethernet. On my to-do list is a new WiFi chip (too bad I can't use this Advanced Centrino adapter, it's really fast under Windows) and a replacement Bluetooth module (it doesn't work under Windows either.) Minor remaining niggles are that the keyboard brightness and volume control keys don't work, but I can adjust either from the Display or VoodooHDA pref panes.

One last question: the El Cap installer dropped 10.11.3 on my hard drive. Is this like most Clover installs, and it's safe to install updates from the App Store?

This guide does not use VoodooHDA.
And if your brightness keys are not working, it means you didn't follow the guide.
From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Hi Rehab,
I installed 10.12.4 on my G1 840 without any problems and i know You dont care about sd card reader. Friend of my has 8570p with 10.12.4 and his sd card reader working perfectly(he used your guide aswell), so i wonder is any solution how to solve this. Found this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-make-a-generic-driver-for-any-card-reader.74471/, but i have no idea it will work, coz is pretty old thread. Thanks

Your 840 G1 has different card reader hardware (Realtek) vs. the 8570p (Jmicron).
You might use google to see what progress is being made on Realtek card readers... (I know someone was working on a kext).

Your 840 G1 has different card reader hardware (Realtek) vs. the 8570p (Jmicron).
You might use google to see what progress is being made on Realtek card readers... (I know someone was working on a kext).

Thanks, ill check that, btw my cpu max turbo is 2.9 ghz in ssdt.aml maxTurboFrequency is set to 2900 as wel,l but in intel power gadget i see max 2.6 when im using cinebench benchmark for example. It should be like that ? Is no way to squeeze that 300 mhz more ?

Thanks, ill check that, btw my cpu max turbo is 2.9 ghz in ssdt.aml maxTurboFrequency is set to 2900 as wel,l but in intel power gadget i see max 2.6 when im using cinebench benchmark for example. It should be like that ? Is no way to squeeze that 300 mhz more ?

Max turbo is only available when using a single core (as per Intel spec).
OS X is using both cores most of the time...

Note: Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide. Please fix.

Last edited:

I am currently using the Sinetek-rstx driver in my 850 G3, Relatek 0x522a, 0x10ex. It is a very new beta be sure and read the threads on IM before trying to eject via finder.

Hi Bro!
I got a problem about sound jack. My headphone doesn't work when plugged into my laptop. Please get a check, thanks you.
Your profile has no indication of your laptop hardware.
Please fix as per FAQ/guide.
Oh I'm sorry! I've just updated some information of my profile. Tell me if you need anythings more! Thanks bro

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    601.4 KB · Views: 90
Oh I'm sorry! I've just updated some information of my profile. Tell me if you need anythings more! Thanks bro

You profile lacks information on bootloader (Clover) and screen resolution.

You could try the alternate layout-id (5) vs. the default (7).
You will find layout-id set in your model specific SSDT.

WiFi cards should not be installed into the WWAN slot.

I said wwan port but connects it to wlan port.

This is that I have active whitelist?

This guide does not use VoodooHDA.
And if your brightness keys are not working, it means you didn't follow the guide.
From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
The USB installer was retrieved from an old Hackintosh, rather than a fresh download. Should've known it would be out of date. Anyway, upgrade to 10.11.6 went without a hitch, so no problem.

As far as Voodoo, for some reason it sounds better than AppleHDA on this particular laptop. I know that's not usually the case, but it sounds closer to Windows and Linux quality. I'll deal with the messed up volume control.

As complex as the guide is, it is entirely possible that I missed a step. But everything else besides the brightness and volume control is working, and I don't want to go back to square one at this point and repeat several hours of work.

Thanks again for the great guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back